TorGuard

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. you can take a look here https://torguard.net/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=205
  4. Yesterday
  5. Hello everyone! I'm new to this with VPN's but I'm trying to learn as much as I can because I find it very interesting. My question for today is how do I use a Dedicated VPN? That I know so far is that click "More settings" then go to "servers" and there you can create your Dedicated IP, so far so good! When I change the country to what I want to, I then add a name, but the problem for me is the "address" thing. This might be a stupid question but can I write whatever I want in there? Don't get me wrong, I get that I should type in some sort of IP Address but can I just make one up? Like 12.34.56.67? or how does that work? Thanks in advance for the help you guys provide. 😄
  6. After installing Torguard on Arch Linux using the PKGBUILD from the downloads section of this site, you may find the UI doesn't open. If you try running sudo /usr/bin/torguard from the command line you might see the following message qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found. This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, webgl, xcb. /usr/bin/torguard: line 54: 12651 Aborted $SUDO /opt/torguard/bin/torguard Thanks to a tip from the Qt forums https://forum.qt.io/topic/93247/qt-qpa-plugin-could-not-load-the-qt-platform-plugin-xcb-in-even-though-it-was-found/3 I set the QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS=1 # export QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS=1 # . /usr/bin/torguard (Note the period and space before the command to run the command in the current process and pick up the environment variable) [ -- SNIP -- ] "archreq": 0, "className": "QXcbIntegrationPlugin", "debug": false, "version": 330752 } Got keys from plugin meta data ("xcb") QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/opt/torguard/bin/platforms" ... Cannot load library /opt/torguard/plugins/platforms/libqxcb.so: (libxkbcommon-x11.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory) QLibraryPrivate::loadPlugin failed on "/opt/torguard/plugins/platforms/libqxcb.so" : "Cannot load library /opt/torguard/plugins/platforms/libqxcb.so: (libxkbcommon-x11.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)" qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found. This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, webgl, xcb. Aborted The trace showed clearly that libxkbcommon-x11 was missing, this was easily fixed # pacman -S QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS=1 problem solved, hope this helps someone!
  7. Dan_C

Unable to stream

You will need a residential IP For that, if you live in the US you will get the amazon prime US if not you will get the one you are sign up to, as amazon does not look at IP but what country you are sign up in
  8. Dan_C

Residential IP TX "LO"

I think you will find that “LO” is data centre locations, I can´t see you will get any impact from one centre to an other
  9. Sudhi Gopal

Unable to stream

I am connecting from USA, to other servers and I am using the basic configurations I tried connecting to several servers I am unable to connect to any of the streaming services such as Netflix or Amazon prime. Please help me out, if you know a particular steps that I need to follow before logging-in to those services. -- Thank you in advance.
  10. Superman

Sydney IP issues

Sydney is acting up again right now.
  11. Last week
  12. After I updated the TG Client from the previous version (I don't remeber the exact version I think it was 3.97.4) to version 3.98.2 and TAP driver v9.21.2. Test system: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB DDR4-3000, Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVME, GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid, Windows 10 v1909 OS Build: 18363.752 I use to have around 200Mbps up and down sometimes more no issues on dedicated ip Usually I use OpenConnect UDP because gives me the best speed but now not anymore. Tested with UDP/995/SHA1 with cipher AES-128-GCM Tested with UDP/995/SHA1 with cipher AES-128-GCM with another DNS Tesed using OpenVPN 2.4.8 with UDP/SHA256 with cipher AES-128-GCM. [URL=https://www.speedtest.net/result/9195155187]https://www.speedtest.net/result/9195155187.png[/IMG][/URL] Then I tried the Official WireGuard Client v0.1.0 with enabled WireGuard here on TG using Europe-NL1 Using WireGuard speeds are back and latency is better then ever but there is no port forwarding option 😥 After I opened port 22 in the Windows Defender Firewall of In & Outbound connection upload has gone up to about 15Mbps using OpenConnect UDP I tried disabling Windows Defender Firewall and uninstalling Glasswire but this doesn't give anything really and following what fixed the issue the last time that Andy // Staff posted in a support ticket didn't help and was this: 1) Uninstall all TAP drivers, go to >> Control Panel >> System and Security >> System >> Device Manager - Scroll down to Network Adapters, right click the TAP drivers and uninstall them, deleting the driver too when asked 2) Delete the following folder >> C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VPNetworkLLC renaming "user" to your OS account name. 3) Open Regedit and delete the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VPNetworkLLC 4) Reboot (important) and then re-download and install the latest build from here https://torguard.net/downloads.php I hope a friendly soul here on the TG Community forum have something I can try to see if this can get my upload issue fixed because I feel like everything there is a TG Client update and I update I run into issues a couple of days later if not instantly so I feel TG Client updates are getting worse and not better.
  13. what game you have problem with?
  14. BeardedBaker

Residential IP TX "LO"

Hi, I'm subscribed for a residential IP in TX, recently (within 6 mos or so) the name of the service changed on the "my services" page adding an "LO" term at the end of the title, I've noticed other dedicated IP add-ons have this term as well, is there any clarification on what "LO" stands for? All of the dedicated IPs are the same price, so I'm assuming it has to do with the internet provider in the area, but there are some with this term from all over the country, and even in the UK. Please let me know what this term means, and what if any impact it has on the quality of my service, thanks.
  15. Narcoleptic_Rage

"Wrong username or password."

Exact same problem here, but it works as intended on my mobile device, but not at all on my Windows 10 PC.
  16. Hey there, Just moved into a new apartment that uses AT&T Fiber. When I fired up TorGuard I noticed that it slows down connection from 400mpbs down to a ridiculous 3 to 5mbps. Previously TorGuard had a minimal effect on speed so I know that shouldn't be an issue. I did some digging and evidently I need to set up port forwarding on my AT&T router in order to bypass default firewall settings that are otherwise causing issues. Tried hacking around in the router's gateway but I don't know what ports to open. Also tried messing with TorGuard settings to no avail (possibly because I don't know what doing). Currently I'm getting this error: ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such device (errno=19) Does anyone know what I should do? Ran a site search and found surprisingly little talk of this particular issue.
  17. hello conpaul. just tried that too, doesnt work
  18. conpaul

VPN Client setup via DDWRT Router

Make sure your primary router has VPN pass through enabled. I have also had to configure the DMZ on the primary router and use the DMZ IP as WAN on DD-WRT. The DD-WRT guide you have listed does work perfectly, but you do need to follow the entire guide step by step Make sure you have diabled PPTP IPSEC etc You need to enable the Open VPN server
  19. You can request port forwarding via the web portal login https://torguard.net/clientarea.php services tab select my services https://torguard.net/clientarea.php?action=products click manage service https://torguard.net/clientarea.php?action=productdetails&id=536391&modop=custom&a=requestport you caan request port forward
  20. Who knows to fix Japanese game block the ip
  21. Check this thread out:
  22. Hi, Just went to renew my Torguard VPN subscription. Usually I pay by PayPal, but it's no longer available as a payment option? Is this a temporary issue, or is PayPal no longer going to be available as an option from now on? Thanks.
  23. Hi Kurisu, Hi balexter, I googled how to traceroute on windows. When using torguard and trying to ping de 1.1.1.1, I receive "general error". When using torguard and trying to ping a website, I also receive general error. When using torguard and traceroute, I receive "general error" in both situations too. With any website. I didnt had the "block outside DNS" option checked... I dont have it checked either. I uninstalled and reinstalled it too, same behaviour remains.
  24. Okay so I can't figure this out for the life of me. I've been having seeding ever since I switched to TorGuard, so naturally it seems like a port forwarding issue. My download speed is fine, but I'm lucky if any of my 500+ linux isos are seeding at all, and when they do, its 100kbps ish After talking with support they say it's not possible to forward a port and use it inside of unraid, which makes no since to me. Anyone have this same problem with a fix? Thanks!
  25. Hi, I used anonymous proxy for utorrent in the past with no issue, I recently bought a month of subscription, used the same credential I had but nothing seems to be working now. I followed these instructions: https://torguard.net/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=12 To be sure I changed the password on the website (I know it's different from the one we one to log in). Can someone help me? Thanks Nicola
  26. subiedude7

Split Tunnel

Hi is there a split tunneling feature or some kind of workaround in Windows 10 to accomplish this with Torguard? I would like to set this up for gaming applications as security is not really an issue for me here, and there are rare situations where a port or server that I am using experiences very poor performance out of thin air in the middle of a game and then I lose connection or experience extreme slowdowns.
  27. Earlier
  28. hey all, had a similar issue the last 2 days with a config not changed for month. When I uncheck "block outside DNS" everything seems to work fine.
  29. balexter

How to connect to 10GB servers?

Hello Spoon41, 1. subscribe to the 10GB network 2. go to clients settings and manually add the 10GB server IPs you want wo choose from 3.choose a 10GB server from client start screen (as with other servers) 4. enjoy regards
  1. Load more activity