TorGuard

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. klepp0906

10gbit network addon

oiiiii it did UN block my emails from being sent. so in short - it put my ping back where it was (being honest, not confident whatever changed with the standard servers that tanked it would be fixed) and it gave me an unblocked IP so i can actually send emails again (which wouldnt be fixable persay). all for the cost of some monies, and my throughput taking a fierce nosedive. Cant surmise why being on the 10g premium network would amount to half the throughput but to be fair, my vpn speed is still more than a lot of folks non vpn speed. Still doesnt feel good to pay for all that bandwidth and get ~30% of it. digressing.
  3. klepp0906

10gbit network addon

whelp, i bit the bullet. isp blocking ip ranges from sending emails, i figured this was a chance to fix the chicago ping from the shared ips that took a nosedive and maybe just maybe let me send emails again (havent tested that yet). while it did fix the ping issue (my ping is now the same as it was on the chicago shared IPs before whatever happened - happened) my throughput took a nosedive which makes no sense. same encryption. same port. i get a bit less than 300mb out of my gigabit connection. whereas on the normal public chicago vpn i get 500-600. Disappointing, was hoping it would be the one service addon to rule them all. Any ideas why on earth it would not only be slower, but substantially slower when tested back to back vs a standard one?
  4. Yesterday
  5. klepp0906

10gbit network addon

So shopping around considering modifying my services and i noticed the premium network option. Does this still provide you with your own server choice? Also can you expect a better download speed and ping? I have a gigabit connection and as you can imagine, it takes a beating on the regular network. Would the 10gbit one make a difference?
  6. figured it out. VPN noob. Didnt realize that some of the planets scum use these for spam, and the ISP has no choice but to block said IP ranges. Users such as myself pay the price. the good news is, i might be potentially forced into paying for a dedicated IP from you guys - so win for you
  7. any word or update on this? couldnt guess how long these things take - but I dont wanna keep high hopes if this is gonna be the new normal. a 20ms difference isnt a lot for some things, but will change the way I use the vpn for sure.
  8. ok - only seems to happen from 1 of my (unfortunately my main) email server. The rest are ok. Some digging online comes up with nada from torguard explicitly but mentions vpn's in general and says i may need you guys to white list the email/isp?
  9. I could swear this was working in the past, any idea what may have changed that is preventing me from being able to send emails through the outlook client when connected?
  10. I received no warning, no BSoD, just reboots. I was unable to use it during my trip. When I returned, I went through old backups and found 0.3.84. That works well. As my message stated, I was looking for links to the archived versions like 3.90 that was working.
  11. Hi Everyone, Is there a way of sharing my VPN connection on MacOS using Open Vpn instead of L2TP?
  12. Last week
  13. Hello, I have my own SOCK5 (Based in Canada) that I want to use to connect with my VPN. I go into my vpn and pick a random server then More Settings > Proxy > Specify custom proxy server. This is where I enter my SOCK5 Details the ip address and port. Now When I save and click connect the vpn never connects and has a red TCP_CONNECT. I am using SOCKS5 that are on the Torguard website.
  14. dilettante

TorGuard Client v3.94.0

Thanks! That worked perfectly.
  15. Hi Mike You can set torguard to start on boot and automatically connect on app start, with the "Block internet when not connected" and "seamless reconnect" options checked it will immediately block access to all apps as soon as it's loaded. Regards
  16. Support

TorGuard Client v3.94.0

Please, open task manager, kill the process torguarddesktopQT.exe and retry the update - it should now work fine. Regards
  17. dilettante

TorGuard Client v3.94.0

Update to 3.94.0fails with message, "Error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files (x86)\VPNetwork LLC\TorGuard\Qt5Core.dll" This is in Windows 10, and I've tried the usual: Shut down and reboot the machine, shut off security software, run the installer as Administrator. No luck. All previous updates ran without a hitch. Any ideas on what is going wrong.
  18. Hi, may I know which ports are open by default on a dedicated ip server?
  19. Earlier
  20. My existing gateway device is a sonicwall TZ 100 . I want to introduce a DD-WRT device to let a group of computers go out through Torguard. I followed the setup instructions to setup the DD-WRT router.I have connected the WAN port on it to the switch on my existing LAN. The WAN section of the status page on the DD-WRT shows as connected. However i cannot get on the internet. I can't seem to get past the ip of the DD-WRT router. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  21. Joe29042934

Latest version - Could not connect to the VPN management socket

Works great again, thanks for the fix
  22. Hello all, I have a Asus RT-86U with merling and torguard VPN. The VPN is connected and i have activated Policy rules (strict). I have only one client going through the VPN and this client is added to the routing rules list. The rest of the clients goes on the normal WAN provider. However none of my android mobile phones can connect to the internet. They are showing as connected to the router, but no net access. Mobile phones with apple device works and all computers works. I did also have this problem with my previous TR-66U so its not router specific. Update: Torguard recommends by default "Accept DNS configuration" set to Strict. This had to be changed to exclusive in order to successfully route android devices outside the VPN tunnel. This still prevents DNS leak for the clients routet through the VPN tunnel. Setting the tab to "relaxed" however will give a DNS leak. I guess if one wants to route also the android mobile phone devices through the VPN tunnel have to change the DNS settings in the phone (apple devices work ok). Regards Oddemann
  23. dingbat9000

TorGuard Client v3.94.0

Updated Torguard... now I get detection failed... am I doing something wrong?
  24. i would think that my pc should not go online until torguard starts and is online. any way to load TG b4 any browser starts?
  25. BronzeCheetah

TorGuard Client v3.94.0

Which Linux systems were used to test the tray icon setting? I am using ubuntu 18.04LTS with the unity desktop and the tray icon shows connection on startup but is invisible in left hand corner of upper taskbar. It does not show up on right hand side with the other icons and calender/time on the upper taskbar.
  26. Either that or just send them directly to sysadmin(at)torguard.net and ref this thread. Regards
  27. Ok, i got them dug up and zipped back up. So to be clear before i do so, you want me to create ANOTHER support ticket about the issue and RE submit the mtrs again?
  28. yea I already submitted them, and someone named "andy" iirc went through them and said that we have to wait it out (on the dc ppl). Ill see if i can dig them back up, if not ill run some more.
  1. Load more activity