TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
MrDo

My Internet doesnt work with latest Tor build

Rate this question

Question

MrDo

Hi.

I was running on Tor 3.55 on this machine (haven't updated since today)

I went and updated it to 3.59 and now my internet doesn't seem to work with it.

However, In Tor guard, it seem that the connection is coming trough but none of my browsers or apps works.

Tried resetting my dns still didnt work.

when I run a connection analysis windows either doesn't seem to see any problem or suspect a firewall blocking it.

I set OpenVpn has an exception in my firewall so I doubt its that.

I then tried to turn off some options in the "network" setting and still nothing worked.

I run on Windows 7

25 answers to this question

Support

Hi - can i ask that you do the following:

1) Uninstall all TAP drivers, go to >> Control Panel >> System and Security >> System >> Device Manager

2) Scroll down to Network Adapters, right click the TAP drivers and uninstall them, deleting the driver too when asked

3) Go to Control Panel >> Network and Internet >> Network and Sharing Centre >> Change Adapter Settings, right click the Main interface  and go to properties—> click IPv4 --> Advanced >> Set both to Automatic DHCP and DNS if not already set.

4) Reconnect, it will prompt to install TAP driver, click yes/continue, retest please.

Regards

MrDo

Hello.

after doing every steps :

- deleting the tap drivers.

- Ipv4 on automatic.

- flushing the dns cache.

- rebooting and reinstalling Tap driver.

It still does the same thing.

TorGuard can connect and seem to have a connection but my internet wont go trough when I open my browsers or applications.

The only thing I can suspect is that my antivirus or something else is blocking my connection when on Torguard. My antivirus is Avast Premium.

Also, Windows seem to see the new connection but says there is no access to internet.

I honestly find it weird that Torguard says that my connection is working but nothing goes trough.

Support

Hello.

- Ipv4 on automatic.

TorGuard can connect and seem to have a connection but my internet wont go trough when I open my browsers or applications.

The only thing I can suspect is that my antivirus or something else is blocking my connection when on Torguard. My antivirus is Avast Premium.

Also, Windows seem to see the new connection but says there is no access to internet.

I honestly find it weird that Torguard says that my connection is working but nothing goes trough.

Hello,

Have you tried to flush your DNS ? https://torguard.net/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=227

Make sure to reboot after you do.

Would it possible we could logon and have a quick look if its still a problem ?

Regards

MrDo

Hello.

- Ipv4 on automatic.

Hi.

like I said I already did flush my dns and reboot (I did it again just to check) but nothing changed.

My internet doesn't work when connected to Toguard.  Both chrome and firefox displays "server not found or connection error", skype doesnt work either nor does any of my other applications.

Strangely, I tried to connect with the Tor browser and I was able to connect to the internet but it was so slow I wasn't able to open anything else than google home page.

Would it possible we could logon and have a quick look if its still a problem ?

No. Sorry if it sound unreasonable but I don't really feel like letting people look into my files.

Is it possible to go back to previous version of Torguard (3.55) without being at risk?

Its strange because Ive had Torguard for almost 2 years and its the first time its giving me such trouble.

Support

Hi.

like I said I already did flush my dns and reboot (I did it again just to check) but nothing changed.

My internet doesn't work when connected to Toguard.  Both chrome and firefox displays "server not found or connection error", skype doesnt work either nor does any of my other applications.

Strangely, I tried to connect with the Tor browser and I was able to connect to the internet but it was so slow I wasn't able to open anything else than google home page.

No. Sorry if it sound unreasonable but I don't really feel like letting people look into my files.

Is it possible to go back to previous version of Torguard (3.55) without being at risk?

Its strange because Ive had Torguard for almost 2 years and its the first time its giving me such trouble.

Hi there, the issue lies with your DNS - are you running TG Client 0.3.59 ?

If you go to Control Panel >> Network and Internet >> Network and Sharing Centre >> Change Adapter Settings, right click the Main interface  and go to properties—> click IPv4 --> Advanced >> do you see any DNS set here ?

In Tg Client go to more settings --> Network Tab --> Set the DNS as below:

At Application Start: OpenDNS
While establishing: OpenDNS
When VPN is connected: VPN DNS

Set Enable DNS state recovery to forget information.

Restart TG Client and retest.

Regards

MrDo

Hi there, the issue lies with your DNS - are you running TG Client 0.3.59 ?

If you go to Control Panel >> Network and Internet >> Network and Sharing Centre >> Change Adapter Settings, right click the Main interface  and go to properties—> click IPv4 --> Advanced >> do you see any DNS set here ?

In Tg Client go to more settings --> Network Tab --> Set the DNS as below:

Restart TG Client and retest.

Regards

Yes I am running TorGuard client 0.3.59

When I go to the IPv4 settings the Ip and DNS are set to be Automatic.

In the Advanced setting, In the Ip tab, the first window has DHCP activated and in the default gateways its just blank.

In the DNS tab there's no DNS server set (both windows are blank).

I tried running TG with the new DNS network settings :

But it still does the same thing after the restart.

Myself

I have exactly the same issue. I have to disconnect and reconnect TorGuard after every boot, it does the trick for me ! But still pretty annoying :)

Blaze

samething happen to my computer after updating.My other laptop still work good using the previous version of torguard.Try all the solution on the top only connected for temporary but after I turn it off the system everything back again no internet even the tor guard said connected

Draxter

Got same problem after upgrading to this latest build. Previous built works fine. This needs to be addressed asap

Support

Can you all please go to more settings >> network tab >> uncheck the "Block outside DNS" option, does this solve your problems ?

Regards

MrDo

Can you all please go to more settings >> network tab >> uncheck the "Block outside DNS" option, does this solve your problems ?

Regards

Still doesn't work.

TorGuard connects (connection seem to go through) and then I can't access internet with my browsers/apps when its connected.

Support

Still doesn't work.

TorGuard connects (connection seem to go through) and then I can't access internet with my browsers/apps when its connected.

Can you rerun the TorGuard installer and select to reinstall the TAP driver 9.21.2 and retest please.

1DFF30BF.png

MrDo

Can you rerun the TorGuard installer and select to reinstall the TAP driver 9.21.2 and retest please.

1DFF30BF.png

I already tried it (I did it again just to be sure) and no it still does not work.

Militia

I changed the protocol from UDP to TCP

Cipher: AES-128-CBC | SHA256

Now I'm able to connect. Hope it helps!

MrDo

I changed the protocol from UDP to TCP

Cipher: AES-128-CBC | SHA256

Now I'm able to connect. Hope it helps!

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me.

Support

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me.

Hi  it sounds like more than a DNS issue for you - can you try connect via say TCP/BF-CBC and retest ?

Regards

MrDo

Hi  it sounds like more than a DNS issue for you - can you try connect via say TCP/BF-CBC and retest ?

Regards

I already tried all the combinations of protocol/cipher and it still doesnt work.

Sometimes it looks like the connection is going trough with the browser but then it just cuts out.

Support

I already tried all the combinations of protocol/cipher and it still doesnt work.

Sometimes it looks like the connection is going trough with the browser but then it just cuts out.

What version of TG are you running right now ?

MrDo

Yes I am running TorGuard client 0.3.59

I didn't change version. I'm still on 0.3.59 and its still not working. I asked you guys if I could go to a previous version but you didn't answer me.

Support

I didn't change version. I'm still on 0.3.59 and its still not working. I asked you guys if I could go to a previous version but you didn't answer me.

Hi - the latest version is v0.3.60 https://torguard.net/downloads.php

If you want to downgrade previous versions can be found here >> http://updates.torguard.biz/Software/Windows/

Regards

MrDo

Hi - the latest version is v0.3.60 https://torguard.net/downloads.php

If you want to downgrade previous versions can be found here >> http://updates.torguard.biz/Software/Windows/

Regards

Hi. TorGuard version 0.3.60 didn't work either.

Tried multiples versions and the earliest version that works for me is version 0.3.55

is it too risky to stay on this version for a while?

also what does version 0.356 (and beyond) have to make my internet cut off? Is it specific to my DNS/Computer or could it be a problem caused by my Isp or router?

Support

Hi. TorGuard version 0.3.60 didn't work either.

Tried multiples versions and the earliest version that works for me is version 0.3.55

is it too risky to stay on this version for a while?

also what does version 0.356 (and beyond) have to make my internet cut off? Is it specific to my DNS/Computer or could it be a problem caused by my Isp or router?

Pleas uninstall the TAP driver you have first and then install the new TG Client with the new TAP driver, there are known issues with upgrading from certain versions of TAP drivers - that may be your problem.

Regards

MrDo

Hello.

- Ipv4 on automatic.

We have noticed in our recent update that some windows users are having problems with slow speeds and intermittent connection issues when using torrent clients - if this is the case for you please do one of the following:

1) Revert back to prior TG release until we fix this issue:

http://updates.torguard.biz/Software/Windows/torguard-setup-v0.3.55.exe

2) Install our older TAP driver located here:

http://swupdate.openvpn.org/community/releases/tap-windows-9.9.2_3.exe

we are investigating and should have a fix ASAP.

Regards

P.S. Currently we think this only affects Windows 7 users but we are still investigating.

We released a new version of TG Client v0.3.58, if you installed 0.3.56 previously, follow the below procedure:

1) Uninstall all TAP drivers, go to  >> Control Panel >> System and Security >> System >> Device Manager

2) Scroll down to Network Adapters, right click the TAP drivers and uninstall them, deleting the driver too when asked

3) Re-download and install the latest build v0.3.58.

Then retry your connection.

I already done it for almost every version after 3.56

Pleas uninstall the TAP driver you have first and then install the new TG Client with the new TAP driver, there are known issues with upgrading from certain versions of TAP drivers - that may be your problem.

Regards

am I stuck on a loop or something?

TorGuard

Set static IP address and DNS records

• Press "Windows+R" keys to open the runbox
  • Paste this: ncpa.cpl
  • Locate your primary network device that is used to connect you to the internet
  • Right click and select "Status"
  • Select "Details" and keep window open
  • Right click your network device again and select properties
  • Open "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)"
  • Select "Use the following IP address
  • Copy the details from the "Status" window into the corresponding boxes
  • For the DNS server boxes, I recommend you setting it to level3 >> Preferred DNS Server: 4.2.2.2 and Alternate DNS server: 4.2.2.3

Uninstall TorGuard via Programs and Features

• Paste this: control appwiz.cpl
  • Locate TorGuard from the list and uninstall it
  • Locate "TAP-Windows x.x.x" and uninstall it

Uninstall network adapter via Device Manager

• Paste this: mmc devmgmt.msc
  • Open the network tab and locate "TAP-Windows Adapter V9"
  • Right click and uninstall

Final steps:

• Restart computer before continuing with these final steps
  • Make sure you don't have a antivirus or firewall restricting TorGuard in anyway
  • Make sure your windows is up to date
  • Re-install TorGuard
  • Adjust settings on the network tab of Torguard(See screenshot)
  • Flush DNS via cmdprompt: ipconfig /flushdns
  • If all else fails you can try to use the Stealth TCP config and Stealth Proxy(Proxy tab in settings)
  • During the installation of TorGuard you have the option to select an alternative tap driver, you could try installing the other one if you still are having issues

eqLTJtD.png

• Like 1