TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  

bittorrent speeds

Rate this topic

my download speeds on bittorrent are slowwwww. any suggestions for increasing this.. one is 35kbs and one is reaching 200kbs.. for downloads

Support

Hey

It depends on the torrent and server load of course -do you mainly use UDP based trackers ? What proxy are you using currently ?

Cheers

well your dealing with an idiot ,andy in support will tell you this no clue on UDP trackers or proxy. i know i am using the bitrorrent program and downloaded off the bittorrent site and saw others getting faster speeds and was sure i was doing something wrong AGAIN .

Support

Ok - can i ask that you give Vuze or Deluge a whirl and let me know if you get better results ? These 2 have much better support for UDP.

Regards

personally i couldnt get deluge working. but i'm sure the whole daemon,python setup in the directions were outta my league lol it definetly wanst a plug and play at all..

I just started using the service and the speeds are horrible. I have 150mbps down without the VPN and about 15mbps with. Using the Santa Ana CA server. Probably not going to keep the service since I'm paying $100 a month for the 150 down line and not getting but a fraction of that speed.

Support

Hi - have you tried around the servers ? we would love to be able to give you 150MB down but we cannot compete with your ISP, you should get more than 15MB though - are you using UDP based connections closest to you ?

Regards

PeterR

I am using ATT uverse, mid tier, which yeilds a practical throughput of 1.3MBs down/150k up without VPN. Through the VPN the upload speed seems unaffected, but the download speed is roughly half, yielding at best about 650k-700k download speeds.