TorGuard

Open port but no incoming connections

Rate this question

TastyWheat

Question

Not sure if this is a software or VPN config issue but I'm not getting any incoming connections using qBittorrent.

I have qBittorrent to communicate via my VPN device only (Advanced Options > Network interface) so maybe that's a problem but it didn't work any better with the default settings.  I also tried an open port test via canyouseeme.org but it only ever times out.  Something definitely changed because I get "connection refused" if I try a different port.

Any ideas if I setup the port wrong or maybe the request isn't reaching the app somehow?

6 answers to this question

Yes, I have opened ports on a few IPs and I haven't got any of them to work while connected.  Connection tests timeout so something definitely changed.  If I disconnect from the VPN I have no problem getting incoming connections.

Yes, I have opened ports on a few IPs and I haven't got any of them to work while connected.  Connection tests timeout so something definitely changed.  If I disconnect from the VPN I have no problem getting incoming connections.

Submit a support ticket https://torguard.net/submitticket.php

We can logon and have a look for you.

Regards

Did you find a solution?  I am having same issue - port is opened (connection timeout vs. refused) but connection not making it to my client on other end of VPN.

Axlerod34

Try using upnp / nat-pmp option in networking. Make sure you also enable upnp in the router. Secondly if you don't want to use upnp try using if your router supports it port triggering instead of fowarding. If you are using dhcp your fowarding may not be working correctly if it assigns a different ip address to the one used. Triggering doesn't care what ip connects to said port(s).