TorGuard

Resolve (in red)

Rate this question

Tip

Question

Hiya

I was connected to New York and the connection dropped out.

Now when I try to connect (tried UK, Frankfurt, NL and NY) I just get as far as "Resolve" and then wont carry on connecting...

Any ideas?

(using latest client, upgraded in case it was that but no different)

11 answers to this question

Hey there our DNS provider is under a massive DOS attack, please see here >> https://torguard.net/announcements.php?id=86

Please use the direct IP feature in TG under more settings >> network tab >> Server IP Lookup, set to direct IP

Or if you do not use the TG App, please connect directly by IP until this issue is fixed.

Regards

• Like 1

Hey there our DNS provider is under a massive DOS attack, please see here >> https://torguard.net/announcements.php?id=86

Please use the direct IP feature in TG under more settings >> network tab >> Server IP Lookup, set to direct IP

Or if you do not use the TG App, please connect directly by IP until this issue is fixed.

Regards

Hello,

I'm using Viscosity VPP version 1.0.0 (1107). Where do I find the direct IP setting?

Thanks!

Regards

Perfect, it works; thank you.

Is there any reason to revert to the old settings once the DDoS attacks cease, or can we leave it set to Direct IP moving forward?

Perfect, it works; thank you.

Is there any reason to revert to the old settings once the DDoS attacks cease, or can we leave it set to Direct IP moving forward?

Direct IP is fine yes it just means you bypass the DNS lookups, i would suggest switch back to DNS queries to get the load-balancing benefit from using our hostnames once Dyn has solved there problems.

Anyone having problems just need to connect directly to an IP address on our network to solve the problem for now.

Regards

Hello,

I'm using Viscosity VPP version 1.0.0 (1107). Where do I find the direct IP setting?

Thanks!

Viscosity does not have this feature sorry, maybe its best to switch to TG Client until the issue is resolved.

Regards

Direct IP is fine yes it just means you bypass the DNS lookups, i would suggest switch back to DNS queries to get the load-balancing benefit from using our hostnames once Dyn has solved there problems.

Anyone having problems just need to connect directly to an IP address on our network to solve the problem for now.

Regards

Load balancing.  Got it.

Thanks.

The issue is resolved now, but in future, is there a way to acquire current addresses to just plug into the viscosity client's network settings temporarily (make a copy of current connection, change name to ip, get rid of copy when not needed)? I attempted to ping a few names (<servername>.torguardvpnaccess.com) without being connected to a vpn, and couldn't get an address earlier when the attack was in progress.

Thanks, and please keep up the great work on all your services!

The issue is resolved now, but in future, is there a way to acquire current addresses to just plug into the viscosity client's network settings temporarily (make a copy of current connection, change name to ip, get rid of copy when not needed)? I attempted to ping a few names (<servername>.torguardvpnaccess.com) without being connected to a vpn, and couldn't get an address earlier when the attack was in progress.

Thanks, and please keep up the great work on all your services!

Hi ClintE

We will be doing exactly that on our VPN servers page in the event something like this happened in future - we will have an option to view all pool IP's per location.

Regards

Hi ClintE

We will be doing exactly that on our VPN servers page in the event something like this happened in future - we will have an option to view all pool IP's per location.

Regards

Thanks!

And to all your staff -- Excellent Work!