TorGuard

iOS App - Feature Request and Whats Coming

Support

Question

We know the app needs a bit of work and we look to pay more attention to our iOS app the coming months - we have a new version coming very soon that will allow you to pick your protocol and show you some stats as do the Android and Desktop apps - currently the app is set to use IKEv2 by default which is a great protocol if you regularly switch between networks on the go, but we have noticed though that many hotspots now block UDP  which IKEv2 requires to function and for those users it will simply not connect, our other option in our new release will let you connect via TCP instead.

We are looking for your feedback on features you think will be useful for the iOS app and things you would like to see in the near future, we will listen to all and consider any feature that we deem suitable for the app.

Thanks

14 answers to this question

Good news! Good to hear that. The most important thing is automatic reconnect during network change and interruptions - both short and long interruptions like after a few hours in flight mode. Currently it does not work well on iOS, although ikev2 is supposed to handle that, and my device is unprotected. Many other VPN apps have this kind of "on demand" mode. 

Good news! Good to hear that. The most important thing is automatic reconnect during network change and interruptions - both short and long interruptions like after a few hours in flight mode. Currently it does not work well on iOS, although ikev2 is supposed to handle that, and my device is unprotected. Many other VPN apps have this kind of "on demand" mode. 

+1

Would really really love to see "connect on demand" option which is an auto-connect & a kill-switch on same time, it's available on many VPN apps. IKEv2 doesn't really work as intended.

Xx7TfPi.png

+1

Would really really love to see "connect on demand" option which is an auto-connect & a kill-switch on same time, it's available on many VPN apps. IKEv2 doesn't really work as intended.

Xx7TfPi.png

Thanks, we will work on this in our next release.

Regards

• Like 2

Thank you! Is there any rough ETA for the next release?

Also, I forgot to mention this last time... it's weird to keep being asked to login everytime you try to connect, especially since the "remember me" option is enabled, I mean yeah I only need to tap on "login", but it's still unpractical and unnecessary. Any plan to resolve this?

• Like 1

Looking forward to an app that aktuelly works! :) My TorGuard app on my iPad keeps shutting down. I use version IOS 9.3.4

and so far I'm SO disappointed for paying for a service I don't get...

Thank you! Is there any rough ETA for the next release?

Also, I forgot to mention this last time... it's weird to keep being asked to login everytime you try to connect, especially since the "remember me" option is enabled, I mean yeah I only need to tap on "login", but it's still unpractical and unnecessary. Any plan to resolve this?

Sure we will make that a point in fixing in our next release, Connect on demand is implemented, just awaiting Apple to approve this release.

Looking forward to an app that aktuelly works! :) My TorGuard app on my iPad keeps shutting down. I use version IOS 9.3.4

and so far I'm SO disappointed for paying for a service I don't get...

Hey Sholme, i don't actually have that problem, is it possible you can upgrade or you wish to stay on this build ?

We have a ticket for it, iPad support is coming in next release for the UI etc but this crash should still not happen.

Thanks a lot for the new version! Am very happy with it, "on demand" is working well so far :)  

I am glad to hear that :)

Let us know if you guys have any suggestions.

Best Regards

P.S. Don't forget that review if all is well ;)

Thank you for this cool app!

It would be nice to have some Canada with direct IP as well, as the other ones don't work here in Chin, only the US direct IP works.

Thanks! Keep up the good work!

Roosterman

Have just signed up for Torguard today and have successfully(ish) got it working on my Windows 10 computer.

However, when I try to use the App on my iPad Mini it keeps going through cycles of connect/disconnect and briefly displays an error of "Server not responding" before trying again. I have seen this mentioned elsewhere on the forums, but have not seen any resolutions for it - any suggestions?

I have rebooted my Ipad a couple of times, and uninstalled / reinstalled the App, but no luck - am using the latest iOS (9.3.5) and Torguard App (0.7) versions, and am using the same user credentials that work fine on my PC. Have also tried a variety of servers (Australia, UK, Denmark).

Support

Have just signed up for Torguard today and have successfully(ish) got it working on my Windows 10 computer.

However, when I try to use the App on my iPad Mini it keeps going through cycles of connect/disconnect and briefly displays an error of "Server not responding" before trying again. I have seen this mentioned elsewhere on the forums, but have not seen any resolutions for it - any suggestions?

I have rebooted my Ipad a couple of times, and uninstalled / reinstalled the App, but no luck - am using the latest iOS (9.3.5) and Torguard App (0.7) versions, and am using the same user credentials that work fine on my PC. Have also tried a variety of servers (Australia, UK, Denmark).

Hello,

Under the Settings menu you have an option of both IKEv2 and Cisco IPSec - have you tried these two ? :)

Regards

Roosterman

Yes have tried both IPSec and IKEv2 and neither seem to work. Which is recommended assuming that I can eventually get both to work? Any other suggestions - haven't tried again since posting....

Support

Yes have tried both IPSec and IKEv2 and neither seem to work. Which is recommended assuming that I can eventually get both to work? Any other suggestions - haven't tried again since posting....

If these protocols are blocked by your ISP you could use Cisco AnyConnect >> https://torguard.net/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=228

Let me know if that works.

Regards