TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
quadcent

Adminstrator has blocked

Rate this question

Question

quadcent

Hello just recently I have been getting the "Administrator has blocked this app"  message when I try to start my torguard...

I don't think I have had any recent updates and I restarted computer to previous settings. Have tried a few suggestions on the net but still nothing as of yet that will allow it to run.

Any ideas??

thanks

1 answer to this question

Support

Hello - what version of Windows are you running and what version of TorGuard are you trying to install ?

If its still a problem try below steps:

Step 1: Launch Start Menu, search and select Command Prompt. Then right-click on it and choose Run as Administrator from the context menu.

Step 2: Type the following command without quotes at the Command Prompt and then hit Enter:

net user administrator /active:yes

You should see the message saying "command completed successfully".

Step 3: Launch Start Menu once again and right-click on user-account title at the top-left of the screen. Then click Sign-out.

Step 4: At the login screen, log into the Administrator account and you will return to the Desktop of that user profile.

Step 5: Locate and run the .exe file for the program which you want to install or run

Step 6: As you have already logged into the Administrator account, the Smartscreen protection will be disabled and the installation should complete successfully.

Step 7: After you have completed the installation, just log back into your regular account after logging out of the Admin account.

Step 8: Finally, disable the Administrator account that was used earlier to prevent malicious access to your system files.

Just execute the following command (without quotes) to accomplish this feat from Command Prompt: "net user administrator /active:no".