TorGuard
Support

Android Client v1.1.26

Question

8 answers to this question

Hi,

Are there any plans to add TG as a Service within Android?  To allow auto-connect on boot/network change and lose of connection.

Many thanks.

Support

This will be happening yes, its on our dev list as priority :)

Regards

Excellent, thank you.  That will make my migration from PIA complete.  I look forward to when that happens.

Many thanks.

Support

Excellent, thank you.  That will make my migration from PIA complete.  I look forward to when that happens.

Many thanks.

Once we resolve the DNS issue with dyn today and after our next TG desktop release, i will get this worked on.

Regards

Torguard VPN User 1337

Any update on Torguard as a service on Android? This is a significant requirement.

Also what is the difference between the Android APK and the Android TV APK?

What's the best client for an Amazon Fire TV/ Stick?

Many Thanks

Support

Any update on Torguard as a service on Android? This is a significant requirement.

Also what is the difference between the Android APK and the Android TV APK?

What's the best client for an Amazon Fire TV/ Stick?

Many Thanks

Hi there

Yes its coming, its currently in the works - theres quite a few things in this coming release and so we have to make sure its all done right -  for anything viewed on a TV use the Android TV apk, this is optimised for TV's - the Android APK, is the same app downloaded from the google play store.

Regards

DaveDave

Hyped for new android app. Using openVPN for android right now as the torguard app has no auto reconnect etc, but such a battery hog.

TorGuard

Hyped for new android app. Using openVPN for android right now as the torguard app has no auto reconnect etc, but such a battery hog.

Hello there, welcome to the forums!

There probably won't be much difference in power consumption, it's not due to TorGuard, but rather OpenVPN and how it works. You can setup your computer to be a wireless hotspot(If you have a wifi adapter) and you could save power that way; it's limited to where you can use unless you have a laptop and can take it where ever you go. That way you can save precious power on your smaller devices. :)