TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
Winkle

Is iOS even supported anymore?

Rate this question

Question

Winkle

Not trying to be a PITA, but the App Store reviews for the iOS client have been dreadful for months. There isn't even an iOS area here in the support area. iOS questions are lumped in here with Macs. 

Can anyone here reliably connect using the TorGuard iOS client? 

7 answers to this question

Support

Hey Winkle, yeah its one area we are improving here over the next couple of months - we know it’s not up to the standard it should be but we are certainly going to improve this. 

I must say though we do test them regularly and the connections and IKEv2 does work very well, the thing with IKEv2 is its require UDP, Cisco IPSec works over TCP, in our next release currently being worked on, we will have both protocols available in the client on all locations, with more info on the connection state and if the connection has been disconnected for any reason.

Regards

Pedro

Hi! I'm a new user and I'm still discovering TorGuard. I installed the iOS app today and apparently I can't connect to my Dedicated IP, only the normal connections. That is it? Or am I missing something?

Best regards,

Support

Hi! I'm a new user and I'm still discovering TorGuard. I installed the iOS app today and apparently I can't connect to my Dedicated IP, only the normal connections. That is it? Or am I missing something?

Best regards,

Hi Pedro this functionality is not yet supported in the app but good news is that it is coming in our next release.

Regards

michaeldc

Hi Pedro this functionality is not yet supported in the app but good news is that it is coming in our next release.

Regards

That's great to hear, when do you expect to release this? It's been a while since this post...

Support

That's great to hear, when do you expect to release this? It's been a while since this post...

Hi Michael - they are also working on a new design and that’s whats took them a bit longer than normal - we have been back n forth with that - it should not be too long now.

Regards

michaeldc

Hi Michael - they are also working on a new design and that’s whats took them a bit longer than normal - we have been back n forth with that - it should not be too long now.

Regards

Thanks for the reply!

Request for your developers... function over form please! Don't really care what it looks like as long as it works :)

Support

Thanks for the reply!

Request for your developers... function over form please! Don't really care what it looks like as long as it works :)

Completely agree - we have to please everyone :)