TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Someone

Networks?

Guest Someone

Hello,

Several servers seem unconnectable, or go from slow or stopped, then to alright: Toronto, New Jersey, Miami, New Zealand.

Is there something wrong, or have configs changed?

Guest vd

I am also having extremely slow speeds with Toronto, NY and Chicago.

Alca

Having same issue. For the past 12 hours, am able to connect to toronto, but connection very slow or does not work at all. There are bursts where it works fine, then goes to a crawl again.

Guest It's broke

Same here. Chicago, Las Vegas, Florida everywhere I've tried.

Guest Ozzie user

Sydney & Melbourne: TOR VPN client connects just fine and everything works for about a minute or two. Then I can't reach any website, but the VPN client insists all's OK (clicking on the circular shape next to the 'connected' field refreshes with the status 'verified').

Disconnecting and connecting starts the process all over again, i.e., OK for a minute then all drops.

Guest Anon

Same here.  The speed is abnormally slow on my iPad.  It is slightly better on my laptop but not by much.

Guest Samehere

Having the same issues, for about the last 12 hours.  Home wired (viscosity vpn), home wifi, work wifi, cellular (OpenVPN app on the wifi and cellular); Makes no difference.  Tried multiple servers including Chicago, Dallas, and Florida.  Most of the time I can't connect to anything.  On the occasion I can, it's extremely slow.

Past Tense

Same here today. Connects to Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, New Jersey but goes no further. Occasional short bust of activity when I have the time to continuously hit refresh button on browser otherwise it's dead.

Past Tense

Just tried Miami again and it is working for now. we'll see if it works through the night. Haven't bothered to try the others yet.

Past Tense

As of this post, connectivity using Miami has become sporadic. Some sites will load and navigate, albeit a little slow, and some sites or destinations are dead.

Past Tense

Miami still sporadic

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to accounts.google.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

Guest Brock Osweiler

This get fixed for anyone yet? Nothing working for me

Alca

Been having issues for about 24 hours now. Connects to server, works fine for a few minutes, then it stalls or crawls sporadically. Doesn't seem to matter which server I try connecting to. Sometimes it works fine for longer periods like 10-15minutes, then it starts to go slow again and stall. Sent in a trouble ticket earlier, they don't seem to have it fixed yet. Last reply to the ticket was a teamviewer request.

Guest citi0

I have the exact same issue with servers in Denmark and UK. After

Been having issues for about 24 hours now. Connects to server, works fine for a few minutes, then it stalls or crawls sporadically. Doesn't seem to matter which server I try connecting to. Sometimes it works fine for longer periods like 10-15minutes, then it starts to go slow again and stall. Sent in a trouble ticket earlier, they don't seem to have it fixed yet. Last reply to the ticket was a teamviewer request.

I have the exact same problem with servers in Denmark and UK. It began yesterday.

Guest Sir Ivebeenhad

These problems started about 24 hours ago for me and are still unchanged.

The VPN is pretty much worthless atm.

Guest Guest

Same here - VPN connects, but applications cannot use Internet when connected. With VPN off, all is well. I have spoken with tech support, they insist nothing is wrong, but offer some DNS configuration tips. I have evaluated this in Windows, Android, and Ubuntu, but nothing fixes the problem. I believe there is a problem with TorGuard's services related to their DNS servers.

I was in a 20 minute queue to chat with tech support... now they're offline altogether. Something is up, but they won't tell me what it is!

Anyone else with any useful response from TorGuard?

Support

Hello everyone

Sorry for the delay in response - we have regular maintenance around the servers  through the week and we normally update our packages where we can to keep everything up to date on our backend and vpn protocol's - unfortunately, one of the updates didn't go so well, 2/3 issues arose from this bad update and so we worked through the the night to correct those issues.

This should now have cleared up, if though you still have problems, try clearing your DNS caches and reboot your devices/PC's, please feel free to contact me on [email protected] if you still have problems after that.

Regards

Guest Guest

I appreciate the response. Since this was a known situation, you should post status somewhere. Moreover, your support staff should be aware of the problem, so they can inform users that there is a known issue that is being worked on, which will be resolved ASAP (instead of claiming that everything is OK, which makes your service sound really unreliable). I'd rather know there is a technical problem being worked on.

In any case, I appreciate the reply, as well as the work you put in fixing the issue. Sounds like a long night.

Support

I appreciate the response. Since this was a known situation, you should post status somewhere. Moreover, your support staff should be aware of the problem, so they can inform users that there is a known issue that is being worked on, which will be resolved ASAP (instead of claiming that everything is OK, which makes your service sound really unreliable). I'd rather know there is a technical problem being worked on.

In any case, I appreciate the reply, as well as the work you put in fixing the issue. Sounds like a long night.

Thanks, it was certainly a long night.

But you are right, it should have been posted on the status page, i will make sure in future this is updated if we have a problem.

Again sorry for all the issues caused guys, we have been solid for a year now without issues, hopefully it wont happen again

Best

Guest UserBlueTwo

Romania servers seem to be getting a max download speed of 400/kbs.  This has been going on for the past 3 days.  Is there any maintenance going on with Romania servers?

Support

We are checking this now - how are you testing your speed ?

Regards