TorGuard
Switch

Torguard, Deluge Torrent & Router configuration

Rate this question

Question

Switch

Hello,

I am struggling with my different configuration to get a decent download rate with torrents. I have followed the different guides and faqs provided by Torguard, but my  dl speed rarely goes above 100ko/s (Without Torguard, I usual dl at 2Mb/s)

On Deluge network settings, I have set port 50799 to be used

On Proxy settings, I have selected SocksV5+Auth for each proxy, using host proxy.torguard.org and port 1090

On my physical router, I have set a route for port 50799  and 1090 (internal + external) on both protocol TCP & UDP to be redirected to the IP Address of my computer (private IP 192.168.1.1).

Does anyone have an idea what setting could be wrong or missing ?

Thanks !

4 answers to this question

SeanVree

Yup, I'm having the same issues. I can only connect to 1 or 2 peers.  

I haven't event messed with the proxy settings. However,  I specified an incoming port as well as an outgoing port, I've opened the same ports on the Torguard config page as well as my router (ddwrt) and I can't figure it out.  

Support

Hello,

I am struggling with my different configuration to get a decent download rate with torrents. I have followed the different guides and faqs provided by Torguard, but my  dl speed rarely goes above 100ko/s (Without Torguard, I usual dl at 2Mb/s)

On Deluge network settings, I have set port 50799 to be used

On Proxy settings, I have selected SocksV5+Auth for each proxy, using host proxy.torguard.org and port 1090

On my physical router, I have set a route for port 50799  and 1090 (internal + external) on both protocol TCP & UDP to be redirected to the IP Address of my computer (private IP 192.168.1.1).

Does anyone have an idea what setting could be wrong or missing ?

Thanks !

Hello - are you using the socks5 proxy only (without any vpn connected) ?

Yup, I'm having the same issues. I can only connect to 1 or 2 peers.  

I haven't event messed with the proxy settings. However,  I specified an incoming port as well as an outgoing port, I've opened the same ports on the Torguard config page as well as my router (ddwrt) and I can't figure it out.  

Sean are you connecting to VPN through your DD-WRT router ? if you have a port opened have you directed to the port to the correct device using iptables (you can't use the inbuilt port forwarding interface).

Regards

SeanVree

FYI!

I was only able to solve this by downloading the Deluge plugin called itConfig. You can find it on the the Deluge plugins page. 

Switch

Yes, I only have Sock5 + authentication configured for all proxy

Capture.png