TorGuard
Bebop

Detection failed

Rate this question

Question

Bebop

I can't seem to get my vpn to connect all the way. It says connected but it fails detection on the public IP the result being no internet access. I am able to connect via android mobile (i have a separate problem with that app burning through battery) but not through windows on my pc. I am using asus RT-N66U router and I'm going to need help setting it up. I uploaded the .opvn files in VPN Client section and im not sure what else to do.

help me figure this out, thanks

8 answers to this question

Bebop

Can't assist but I am having the exact same issue. Not sure if this is relevant but I just upgraded to Windows 10. Everything was working fine before that.

see below 

Actually I have solved it with some help from the Torguard tech support - there is a driver missing in the Windows10 upgrade. To fix, simply uninstall and reinstall the Torguard VPN client. Works fine for me now.

That's it. Did what you suggested and it works now. I recently upgraded to win 10. Fixed. Thanks!

pb123

Can't assist but I am having the exact same issue. Not sure if this is relevant but I just upgraded to Windows 10. Everything was working fine before that.

pb123

Actually I have solved it with some help from the Torguard tech support - there is a driver missing in the Windows10 upgrade. To fix, simply uninstall and reinstall the Torguard VPN client. Works fine for me now.

Bebop

hmm im still having trouble. Yesterday it was working after the reinstall. but today, it completed connection but i still have no internet access. not sure what is wrong

Edit: support helped me. I checkmarked "block outside DNS" in more settings and that was the problem. all good now. (uncheck it)

pb123

Yeah I realised the same was happening for me. I must have just got lucky the first connection attempt.

Anyway I located another fix, from a separate thread:

https://torguard.net/forums/index.php?/topic/866-frequently-no-internet-after-connecting

I've copy/pasted the solution here:

EDIT>> a chat agent helped me and indicated: uncheck prevent ipv6 leak and block outside dns options and save.  Prevent dns leak and block outside dns cannot be checked at the same time, but by default both options are checked so it is causing problem.

This solved the issue.

sterimar

Interesting. I had this problem only WHEN I upgraded to v0.3.53 , not before. 

I will dowload and run v0.3.53 again and if it continues, I will start my own thread. Good that you managed to get help for this though.

Support

Interesting. I had this problem only WHEN I upgraded to v0.3.53 , not before. 

I will dowload and run v0.3.53 again and if it continues, I will start my own thread. Good that you managed to get help for this though.

Try to remove/uninstall the app and the TAP driver and then reboot - always make sure you reboot before reinstalling again.

Regards