TorGuard
dth3713

Recent problems connecting to watch.torguard.org

Rate this question

Question

dth3713

I always watched Netflix by connecting to watch.torguard.org. Since a few days I'm unable to connect.

Fri Jun 03 23:12:32 2016 OpenVPN 2.3.10 x86_64-w64-mingw32 [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [PKCS11] [IPv6] built on Mar 10 2016
Fri Jun 03 23:12:32 2016 Windows version 6.2 (Windows 8 or greater)
Fri Jun 03 23:12:32 2016 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.1s  1 Mar 2016, LZO 2.09
Fri Jun 03 23:12:32 2016 MANAGEMENT: TCP Socket listening on [AF_INET]127.0.0.1:25348
Fri Jun 03 23:12:32 2016 Need hold release from management interface, waiting...
Fri Jun 03 23:12:33 2016 MANAGEMENT: Client connected from [AF_INET]127.0.0.1:25348
Fri Jun 03 23:12:33 2016 MANAGEMENT: CMD 'state on'
Fri Jun 03 23:12:33 2016 MANAGEMENT: CMD 'log all on'
Fri Jun 03 23:12:33 2016 MANAGEMENT: CMD 'hold off'
Fri Jun 03 23:12:33 2016 MANAGEMENT: CMD 'hold release'
Fri Jun 03 23:13:24 2016 MANAGEMENT: CMD 'username "Auth" "MY_USERNAME_HERE"'
Fri Jun 03 23:13:24 2016 MANAGEMENT: CMD 'password [...]'
Fri Jun 03 23:13:24 2016 NOTE: --fast-io is disabled since we are running on Windows
Fri Jun 03 23:13:24 2016 Socket Buffers: R=[65536->65536] S=[65536->65536]
Fri Jun 03 23:13:24 2016 MANAGEMENT: >STATE:1464988404,RESOLVE,,,
Fri Jun 03 23:13:24 2016 UDPv4 link local: [undef]
Fri Jun 03 23:13:24 2016 UDPv4 link remote: [AF_INET]54.165.235.73:443
Fri Jun 03 23:13:24 2016 MANAGEMENT: >STATE:1464988404,WAIT,,,
Fri Jun 03 23:14:24 2016 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
Fri Jun 03 23:14:24 2016 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed
Fri Jun 03 23:14:24 2016 SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting
Fri Jun 03 23:14:24 2016 MANAGEMENT: >STATE:1464988464,RECONNECTING,tls-error,,
Fri Jun 03 23:14:24 2016 Restart pause, 2 second(s)

I can connect to all other servers just fine. (I tried some servers in the US, Brazil and Panama) Also I tried on a Windows 7 PC and on a TomatoUSB router, with the same result.

15 answers to this question

poncedeleon

+1. Same here! It looks as though the hosntname is not resolving and the cached IP address does not respond.

pepesilvia

+1 same issue - has any of you guys contacted support?

robodonster

This is customer support to check it out, I'll open a ticket:-)

bowmore

same problem any response to your ticket?

amy

same issue, getting error message when trying to connect to watch.torguard.org:

The L2TP-VPN server did not respond. Try reconnecting. If the problem continues, verify your settings and contact your Administrator.

jimmyw

I inquired and got this response:

We regret this inconvenience.
Due to an extensive IP blocking by Netflix, now the solution to unblock Netflix is to use dedicated IP.
Did you buy a dedicated IP as well with our VPN service? 
If not, please buy a dedicated IP by logging a ticket to our SALES team.
Freely request 50% discount due to this inconvenience.

robodonster

I inquired and got this response:

We regret this inconvenience.[/size]Due to an extensive IP blocking by Netflix, now the solution to unblock Netflix is to use dedicated IP.[/size]Did you buy a dedicated IP as well with our VPN service? [/size]If not, please buy a dedicated IP by logging a ticket to our SALES team.[/size]Freely request 50% discount due to this inconvenience.[/size]

same here

Alex1

Guys, less than an hour after I submitted a ticket, I was contacted by Advanced Support (Dave) and they emailed me a new IP that I was able to use immediately.

I see that most of us here have the same issue, but I am now certainly delighted by how fast they responded with a solution to my specific case.

I am now up and running as before thanks to DAVE from the Advanced Support Staff.. I just wish I could make sure his supervisors knew about this..

Could it be that not all of us are explaining our problems properly in these tickets?

Good luck to all!

robodonster

Guys, less than an hour after I submitted a ticket, I was contacted by Advanced Support (Dave) and they emailed me a new IP that I was able to use immediately.

I see that most of us here have the same issue, but I am now certainly delighted by how fast they responded with a solution to my specific case.

I am now up and running as before thanks to DAVE from the Advanced Support Staff.. I just wish I could make sure his supervisors knew about this..

Could it be that not all of us are explaining our problems properly in these tickets?

Good luck to all!

Alex1, the ip from Dave which I dealt before nice guy:) is only a temporary fix, you would need to purchase a dedicated US IP at 50% off believe me  you wont have any issue with Netflix.....

robodonster

To all of you guys purchase a dedicated US IP with 50% off to resolve the Netflix issue as I did...............

Good Luck..

Alex1

Alex1, the ip from Dave which I dealt before nice guy:) is only a temporary fix, you would need to purchase a dedicated US IP at 50% off believe me  you wont have any issue with Netflix.....

Thanks for the tip robodonster.

Before I signed up with TorGuard, I had a long chat with a tech support rep about my connection needs and I was then mildly warned about these sporadic events when I would have to submit a ticket for a new IP; Amazingly enough, I was never pressured to spend more money than I needed  buying additional services (which is why I dropped Hotspot Shield after a couple of years of being their customer).

I am not sure how long this fix I was provided will last. I am also not sure if you can even really have a ´permanent´ fix for anything in today´s computer world at all (hardware, software, networking, internet, etc.), and to be honest with you, that idea is close to impossible. Hopefully you never have to submit a ticket for issues with your purchased dedicated IP, although Murphy´s Law says otherwise.

Think about it, if Netflix´s VPN Ban´s server tracking technology ever gets revamped, I believe all IPs will be affected by it whether they are dedicated or not. And we will all submit a ticket and a new fix will be implemented. That´s how it usually works.

It´s now been days since I received my solution and TorGuard has catered to my needs.

I just had a second chat session and once again, I was told I didn't have to purchase a dedicated IP, although it may save me from submitting a hand full of tickets a year.

I don't really mind reaching out to their great support team when I need them, and will only spend more money if the amount of tickets I submit regarding this same issue gets ridiculous; after all, I have submitted a ticket of this kind just once.

I guess I´m a satisfied customer for now. :)

robodonster

Thanks for the tip robodonster.

Before I signed up with TorGuard, I had a long chat with a tech support rep about my connection needs and I was then mildly warned about these sporadic events when I would have to submit a ticket for a new IP; Amazingly enough, I was never pressured to spend more money than I needed  buying additional services (which is why I dropped Hotspot Shield after a couple of years of being their customer).

I am not sure how long this fix I was provided will last. I am also not sure if you can even really have a ´permanent´ fix for anything in today´s computer world at all (hardware, software, networking, internet, etc.), and to be honest with you, that idea is close to impossible. Hopefully you never have to submit a ticket for issues with your purchased dedicated IP, although Murphy´s Law says otherwise.

Think about it, if Netflix´s VPN Ban´s server tracking technology ever gets revamped, I believe all IPs will be affected by it whether they are dedicated or not. And we will all submit a ticket and a new fix will be implemented. That´s how it usually works.

It´s now been days since I received my solution and TorGuard has catered to my needs.

I just had a second chat session and once again, I was told I didn't have to purchase a dedicated IP, although it may save me from submitting a hand full of tickets a year.

I don't really mind reaching out to their great support team when I need them, and will only spend more money if the amount of tickets I submit regarding this same issue gets ridiculous; after all, I have submitted a ticket of this kind just once.

I guess I´m a satisfied customer for now. :)

You're welcome and a note I'm happy with my dedicated IP:-):-):-)