TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  

Tap-win32 adapter not working correctly

Rate this question

Question

I'm running Windows 7 Pro. I just recently (about a week) installed the new version of Avast. I also just recently installed the latest Windows updates. I haven't run my VPN in about a week. I tried to run Torguard today and I was not able to. It was throwing an error message. I also noticed that I had a red x on my network connection icon on my task bar. I was still connected to the internet, but instead of just being connected to my home network, it was connected to the virtual box connection (adapter). I made that virtual box adapter disabled and it went back to normal, but I still had the red x on the icon. I also noticed that the tap-win32 adapter is no longer showing up in the list of adapters in network connections. Can someone please help me troubleshooting this problem. Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Support

Hey Brian

Have you tried reinstalling the adapter by downloading the TAP driver from OpenVPN themselves or reinstalling TG software ?

What security software do you have running ? can you paste us the exact log output form a failed connection ?

Cheers