TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
Waldo

Torguard problems with OSX 10.11 "osascript wants to make changes"

Rate this question

Question

Waldo

Every time I launch Torguard a window pops up that says "osascript wants to make changes. Type your password to allow this"  I enter my password and it happens 3 more times.  After I disconnect, it does the same thing.  Why is this happening and what permissions do I need to change to make it stop.  It's annoying to the point I am ready to get rid of Torguard and find another service.

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

lll4ever

I too am having this issue!

spelter

Also having this problem except its fried my connection settings. I can no longer connect to the Internet over any ethernet, except en0 (wifi). I can ping 8.8.8.8.8 (google open DNS), 64.233.177.99 (google.com) as well as 52.7.111.176 (hhs.gov) using terminal over the network cable. This makes me think this script has changed by DNS settings but I don't know how to undo it. 

bikhu

Ive just started having this issue too but I dont want to allow it to change anything.

Therumin

Seriously, ZERO replies from support? Wow

Support

Hey everyone - sorry for such a delay on this, we are looking into the problem which seems to affect a small minority of users.

We will hopefully have a fix in our next release.

Regards

chill68

Just updated to the new version and now receiving the same message, using V0.3.51 can't get rid of it and can no longer connect

Support

Hey guys we are looking into this, it seems it only happens to a small minority but we are looking for a cause and once we find the cause we will get a new version out right away.

Regards

rr0ss0rr

Are these scripts that you run at Connect and Disconnect ?  Are you just killing and starting apps?  If yes, You could change the Applescript to just Bash if you want to fix this quicker .. I'm running bash scripts at Connect and Disconnect and am not seeing any issues.  I can share my scripts if you need.

user6011024

Just upgraded from 0.3.70 -> 0.3.71 and now I'm getting the "osascript wants to make changes" message EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to use TorGuard and it does not matter if I give it my password, the message comes up again and again.