TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
BigStuMaloo

VPN = No Internet on WIFI

Rate this question

Question

BigStuMaloo

Hi, Can anyone help with this problem...

..I have a DSL-AC68U modem and have set it up to use TorGuard VPN, but the only devices that i can get internet on, are the ones connected via Ethernet to the router. Other devices that connected via WiFi can connect to the router but not the internet?

I must be missing something!!

10 answers to this question

coipu1234

I've just updated from 380.64 to 380.65 and I have this exact problem too.  Clients already connected fine (sort of) and new connections state connected no internet.  I see the version of openvpn has been updated in latest version and there's lots of extra options now so I have no clue.

coipu1234

extra info, just tried un updated rt-ac68u and that is doing same thing...  very strange...something to do with vpn config?

Support

Hi - would you be able to post your system logs so we can take a look ?

Regards

coipu1234

Thanks for that looked pptp to me, but the router has many more openvpn options now, not all of which can be set to default or disable. The whole Merlin guide just needs an update to fill in every box correctly and add any extra configs in bottom box and support are helping me now.  Other vpn services are working and i'm sure Torguard's will again very soon. I'll post here again when it's solved.

I would suggest you to check if you can connect over openconnect, much better and faster compared to openvpn (if available). I get almost 100% of my ISP's bandwith with torguard and openconnect which :) indeed does work very nice with

cipher: (TLS1.2)-(ECDHE-RSA-SECP256R1)-(AES-256-GCM)

DTLS Cipher: (DTLS1.2)-(PSK)-(AES-256-GCM)

coipu1234

To the OP, I would recommend wiping your router and setting up again. Erase the NVRAM as part of this procedure as i'm sure stuff survived in there that caused the problem.