TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
Allan

Number of available servers

Rate this question

Question

Allan

Hi Guys,

I just signed up a few days ago for the VN service and am currently trying to get my head around it all. So I have installed Viscosity as per the instructions and all seems to be working fine. I have a few questions though and I hope someone can enlighten me.

When right-clicking Viscosity, I get a list of some 40 or so servers I can connect to. How do those servers relate to the list of servers I see in the "My Servers" section? The names are completely different and there are way more servers in that list than show up in my Viscosity.

Also, in my Downloads section is a file called "OpenVPN Configs". During the installation and setup process, that file was not used.

Looking at it, it seems to contain config details for many servers. Do I need to import those files somehow? Are those the ones "missing" in my list in Viscosity?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer to this question

TorGuard Admin

Hi, welcome - I would be happy to answer some of your questions.

When right clicking Viscosity it will automatically loads our latest OpenVPN server configs. These are the best way to access your VPN since it will connect you to the fastest server in that location. The OpenVPN configs in the download area are just there in case you wish to use the service with another VPN client or for DDWRT/Tomato users.

Your all set with the configs in Viscosity. This will automatically load the latest connection options for you in each country and connect to the fastest available.