TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
Ch@t013p

Torguard and Viscosity confusion

Rate this question

Question

I'm having a hard time understanding what the viscosity is for and how it works differently the torguard.

When I open Viscosity I can see all the servers I can connect to including PPTP and L2TP but I cant connect to them because I am already connected to the VPN app by torguard.

In some tutorials like the one where I can exclude certain IP addresses (which I need) it tells me to use Viscosity and duplicate a connection and exclude it there and thats it I dont even have to connect to it, or setting up a killswitch which I just found out I can do with the Torguard App.

I also have options to connect to connection automatically through Viscosity but I already have the VPN app set to connect automatically and also configured with the proxies.

Soo are they essentially the same thing? Can I just use Viscosity and not use the Torguard app? Also when would I have to set up an L2TP or PPTP? Is just having torguard enough to protect my privacy along with setting up the proxies for bitorrent and browsers?

Also the only reason I even needed viscosity is to exclude the ip address of this game I play because I was getting huge ping lag and support told me to use viscosity and different dns

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet