TorGuard
akkadaya

BBC iPlayer confusing solution

Rate this topic

akkadaya

Hi guys,

when trying to open BBC iPlayer on my laptop on both OSs Windows and Linux. the only way I could open it, is using SSTP.

when I used (Torguard VPN client) and tried the DNS leak test, my DNS was discovered from Netherlands while using SSTP (UK & US) it was discovered from UK & US respectively.

Support

Hello, the TorGuard client uses DNS that is geo located depending on your location, it will connect to the nearest dns server to you.

Regards

shutzel

OP, were you able to use torguard for iplayer? I have been unsuccessful though I had another VPN provider which worked no problem, not sure why with torguard it doesnt.

I switched because I thought they'd provide a better service but I am still unable to access netflix in any other country besides the US (for which they provided a fix). 

Support

Hey guys, please send a support ticket to our main support desk and they will help with this site.

Regards

eobiont

BBC iPlayer works with Hola, but not torguard VPN.  With the torGuard VPN, their proxy detection is triggered, but Hola plugin lets videos play OK.

robodonster

I still say support guys can give you servers that will work BBC I know I did :)

Tortilla

I wonder whether that is still true in 2018.

Callanish

Same

10 hours ago, Tortilla said:

I wonder whether that is still true in 2018.

Same here. Came here to look for a solution to the problem that torguard’s vpn is no longer working with the bbc iplayer. Probably have to contact support for to try to solve it. 

Support
On 15/04/2018 at 7:10 AM, Callanish said:

Same

Same here. Came here to look for a solution to the problem that torguard’s vpn is no longer working with the bbc iplayer. Probably have to contact support for to try to solve it. 

Hello,

We offer streaming IP's for BBC iPlayer, default shared servers will be blocked, you need to request a streaming IP on our main support desk but they do cost an additional 3 USD p/m.

Regards

Best10VPN

If anyone wants a guide on how to connect to BBC iPlayer from TorGuard VPN, check out this helpful video: