TorGuard
XperIment

Slow!!!!!!!

Rate this question

Question

XperIment

So i just purchased the VPN service...am in the US...I tried all of US servers and I can't get faster than 25-30mbps while my internet capacity is about 75mbps...Am using UDP protocol. Same disappointing speeds both on my Mac and my android device...is 30mbps is as good as it gets with torguard's servers?

15 answers to this question

Support

Hello 

Speeds do have many factors of course, what cipher do you use and do you connect to the closest servers possible ?

Regards

Benbob

TorGuard are just ripoff artists now. They basically take your money and once you've paid (despite their lies) they refuse to give you a refund no matter what.
Pretty much, you were dumb enough to pay them, they've got your money, and now they don't care at all.  

Support
On 24/02/2016 at 12:02 AM, Benbob said:

TorGuard are just ripoff artists now. They basically take your money and once you've paid (despite their lies) they refuse to give you a refund no matter what.

Pretty much, you were dumb enough to pay them, they've got your money, and now they don't care at all.  

Hi - no we have a refund policy, after 7 days we do not refund as per our terms.

Regards

cycloblastic

Guys, there  is only 1 server in India (understandable) but the speeds through the Indian server are exceedingly slow, can anything be done about it pls?

Jaegur

I'm having an issue with slow speeds as well =/ Submitted a ticket for it. Hopefully I can get it figured out, cause there's no real point in me having a 200/20mb connection if I can only get 20/1.

nef

i personally have received fantastic support from tg's advanced support. they have been with me a long time, and been troubleshooting with me for a year for a problem. i dont think u find any other support any close to this guys.

nef

I'm having an issue with slow speeds as well =/ Submitted a ticket for it. Hopefully I can get it figured out, cause there's no real point in me having a 200/20mb connection if I can only get 20/1.

like above has mentioned, there are many factors, including you can not use your isp's speed to compare with a vpn. especially isp's speedtest.

robodonster

Lies lies don't listen to benbob

scottod

I am experiencing really slow speeds as well.   Most servers under 5mbps !!! Any tips to speed it up ?    Cipher, sever ?  I am in southeast US on Uverse Gigabit connection.

Support

Hey there Scott, are you still experiencing slow speeds ? We did have a network issue over the last couple of days that did slow things down a little, however that’s now fixed, let me know if you still have problems.

Regards

GmafJA

I have been working through similar issues; about 1/10 the DL speed of straight connection but 2x as fast on UL?

What seems to be working for me is L2TP rather than OpenVPN.

Speeds much closer to base connection of 50Mb but not consistent; sometimes 3Mb, others 30Mb.

Give L2TP a try.

TorGuard

You won't get full internet speed while using a VPN, regardless if it with TorGuard or somewhere else. If you are using high encryption it will impact your speeds greatly, lower the encryption level = faster but lower security.

Try setting your Cipher to AES-128 in the client.

Try using PPTP, lower encryption, therefore faster speeds.

Try using a server location that is closest to you.

scottod

I can use VPN in my city.   Was using AES-128 - SHA256.  Now trying Sha1.  UDP.  Getting around 50mbps.    On a Gigabit connection so with wifi and no vpn I am getting 250mbps.  50 is better than I was getting but still would like at least 80

TorGuard

I can use VPN in my city.   Was using AES-128 - SHA256.  Now trying Sha1.  UDP.  Getting around 50mbps.    On a Gigabit connection so with wifi and no vpn I am getting 250mbps.  50 is better than I was getting but still would like at least 80

There could be a lot of different reasons why you are not reaching ideal speeds, it's different with everyone, but here is some other stuff you should try:

• Try switching to a wired connection if possible to see if that helps. Wifi connections have been known to throttle, slow down VPN connections, even if it may not seem it's problem when you're not connected to the VPN.
  • Try resetting or restarting your router, may help increase speed.
  • Try L2TP or IPSec or PPTP is fast, compared to openvpn connections that may be throttled by your network.
  • Try disabling any security(firewall, antivirus e.t.c) software temporarily during your tests.

Could be the location you are using is congested or doesn't have torrents enabled, which will result in slow speeds. Confirm the location you are using has torrents enabled here: https://torguard.net/tgconf.php?action=vpn-servers

• Like 1

Ramz

Try TCP I had the same problem where I get more download speed on TCP than UDP depends on the ISP