TorGuard

uTorrent RSS feed hangs

Rate this question

Morpheus

Question

I'm using the RSS feed in uTorrent. Everything works fine if I don't use the proxy.

What is happening the RSS feed picks up one or more torrent to automatically download and it just hangs there. I have to manually stop uTorrent and then start uTorrent and the feed continues the download.

Is it possible I'm logged out of the proxy for bring inactive? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks...

7 answers to this question

I'm using the RSS feed in uTorrent. Everything works fine if I don't use the proxy.

What is happening the RSS feed picks up one or more torrent to automatically download and it just hangs there. I have to manually stop uTorrent and then start uTorrent and the feed continues the download.

Is it possible I'm logged out of the proxy for bring inactive? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks...

Hi Morpheus

Are your feeds using SSL by chance ? if so that will not work currently via the socks5 proxy.

We are however looking to fix that very soon. (if possible)

Regards

Bit of a necro, but same issue still isn't resolved. Any https based RSS feeds simply won't work through the proxy, and as most feeds these days seem to be switching over to https this is getting a little tedious.

Any chance on a fix?

This is super annoying . Tried everything to fix this support . But just get 'connecting to peers ' DHT: Waiting to login. what I have found is If after the torrents are stuck in this state in Utorrent, restarting the client causes it to reconnect and download. 

Work around : As my machines is a dedicated media server and I am in UK . I have set a tast scheduler service to restart the machine at 6am every morning. This then allows for the seemly stuck torrents to restart when utorrent boots up. 

Hope this helps.  The command for restart in task scheduler in Actions tab basic task on windows is 'shutdown /r' 

I got tired of all the Proxy problems and subscribed to the Anonymous VPN service when they had a special. I'd recommend this to everyone if you have more than one connection needed. The only problem so far has been a few hours of lost connectivity to the VPN, but other than that I'm thrilled with the service and response to trouble tickets.

If you are thinking about doing this make sure you know exactly what you want and relay those requests to the support desk. They will be more than happy to configure your router for you.

Note: the above is only applicable to those that have a compatible router that can run a few specific versions of firmware. For me I have a Nighthawk R7000 that is running DD-WRT, and its been smooth sailing. I would strongly recommend the R7000 as it looks like that router has far less quirks when updating firmware.