TorGuard
Support

TorGuard Client v0.3.36

Rate this question

Question

Support

Release v0.3.36, 2015-12-23

*​* Improve InternetKillSwitch: Kill internet on RECONNECT.
* Improve AppKillSwitch: Kill apps on RECONNECT
The â€‹*Internet Kill Switch*​ will disable the selected network interfaces.
Network interfaces to turn off can be set in the settings dialog.
If TorGuard controls the state of a interface it will show an additional link style button on the connect screen which can enable/disable the interfaces.

Windows Download:

http://updates.torguard.biz/Software/Windows/torguard-setup-latest.exe

Mac Download:

http://updates.torguard.biz/Software/MacOSX/TorGuard-latest.dmg

Linux Download:

http://updates.torguard.biz/Software/Linux/

• Like 1

16 answers to this question

SlimDusty

I have had my Transmission client listed in the App kill settings ever since you offered this feature. Has worked flawlessly... until this release.

Previously it would pause Transmission when the TorGuard client lost the internet connection, then when the Torguard client reconnected (often with a new IP address) the Transmission connections would start back up again. If the Torguard client crashed then it would kill Transmission - all exactly as I expected. 

Now when the TorGuard client is simply switching IP addresses in this latest version it is killing Transmission every time. I came back to my machine to find the Torguard running fine with its new connection but Transmission has been force closed not paused as in 0.3.35.

Is this a bug? 

Support

I have had my Transmission client listed in the App kill settings ever since you offered this feature. Has worked flawlessly... until this release.

Previously it would pause Transmission when the TorGuard client lost the internet connection, then when the Torguard client reconnected (often with a new IP address) the Transmission connections would start back up again. If the Torguard client crashed then it would kill Transmission - all exactly as I expected. 

Now when the TorGuard client is simply switching IP addresses in this latest version it is killing Transmission every time. I came back to my machine to find the Torguard running fine with its new connection but Transmission has been force closed not paused as in 0.3.35.

Is this a bug? 

Hi Slim

This will disconnect the net or kill apps after "any" drop in connection, it sounds to me you have intermittent drops in connectivity - the TG Client should not change IP unless you manually disconnect and reconnect.

Regards

SlimDusty

Hi mate, 0.3.35 on my Mac changes IP address intermittently without me doing anything (see link showing connection history over last 12 hours). 0.3.35 pauses the Transmission torrent client whilst doing this. 0.3.36 kills Transmission when doing this.

http://bit.ly/1ZrJGWE

Support

The last kill switch didn’t pause, it might just be the disconnecting/reconnecting that makes it look like its paused, its suppose to kill it as the new client does, this was a bug before but as you can see that’s now fixed and its doing as its suppose to.

Can you attach the screenshot ?

Regards

SlimDusty

What screenshot are you after? 

So I am kinda confused on this now.

The TorGuard client is constantly disconnecting/reconnecting & has been since I remember. Sometimes it changes the remote IP, sometimes the local IP, sometimes both. My Internet connection to my ISP is solid so I thought this was normal behaviour. However, now with 0.3.36 it will kill Transmission when doing the disconnect/reconnect process so I have to constantly monitor it. Doesn't make a lot of sense TBH. 

Musashi

Before i had no issues with losing connection and reconnecting near every minute. But seems something has changed recently before xmas. Now every 2-3 minutes i lose the connection to just get reconnected a few seconds later. Browsing like this (kinda lottery if you click anything and maybe you get the webiste, or you are in for another wait time and have to reload the page.

I havent switched to the latest version since it had total connection issue with the version before that and still running 3.30 on win 7 64bit since it was stable. now with the connects/disconnects, if this would kill my connection totally this would be such a pain that i dont even want to try.

But like this i am not sure if i will refresh my monthly payment. Since November so many troubles that it cant be called stable in any way. Also searching via google often brings up this annoying blank page, with adblock it stays blank and i sure wont turn off adblock, i just use yahoo instead. Still...sigh...i hoped the troubled times are over but i stand corrected by this issues.

Support

What screenshot are you after? 

So I am kinda confused on this now.

The TorGuard client is constantly disconnecting/reconnecting & has been since I remember. Sometimes it changes the remote IP, sometimes the local IP, sometimes both. My Internet connection to my ISP is solid so I thought this was normal behaviour. However, now with 0.3.36 it will kill Transmission when doing the disconnect/reconnect process so I have to constantly monitor it. Doesn't make a lot of sense TBH. 

It seems you posted a link to an image in your last post ?

If your IP changes, it means your disconnecting and reconnecting, these don't change while connected they only change after a disconnect otherwise they would always stay the same. So it leads me to believe this has been happening for a while and you just haven't noticed since the killswitch wasn't working correctly before but now it does, its doing exactly what its suppose to do, if you disconnect >> kill the app or access to the internet.

Do you run any form of security software such as Malwarbytes ?

Regards

Support

Before i had no issues with losing connection and reconnecting near every minute. But seems something has changed recently before xmas. Now every 2-3 minutes i lose the connection to just get reconnected a few seconds later. Browsing like this (kinda lottery if you click anything and maybe you get the webiste, or you are in for another wait time and have to reload the page.

I havent switched to the latest version since it had total connection issue with the version before that and still running 3.30 on win 7 64bit since it was stable. now with the connects/disconnects, if this would kill my connection totally this would be such a pain that i dont even want to try.

But like this i am not sure if i will refresh my monthly payment. Since November so many troubles that it cant be called stable in any way. Also searching via google often brings up this annoying blank page, with adblock it stays blank and i sure wont turn off adblock, i just use yahoo instead. Still...sigh...i hoped the troubled times are over but i stand corrected by this issues.

Do you also run any security software ? i would suggest you try this first, remove your TAP driver from device manager and any other VPN app >> reboot, then reinstall the TAP driver from here http://torguard.net/downloads/tap-windows-9.21.1.exe

And see if this solves any stability issues.

Regards

SlimDusty

M6MJvHt.png

Screenshot attached. This is my experience with 0.0.35 with my torrent client not being killed through any of this. Using a Mac running the latest OS with no security software. 

So what you are saying is that this is normal & that with 0.0.36 this behaviour will kill the torrent client (as it is finally working the way it should)? So my only solution is to remove it from the 'kill apps' section? 

Support

M6MJvHt.png

Screenshot attached. This is my experience with 0.0.35 with my torrent client not being killed through any of this. Using a Mac running the latest OS with no security software. 

So what you are saying is that this is normal & that with 0.0.36 this behaviour will kill the torrent client (as it is finally working the way it should)? So my only solution is to remove it from the 'kill apps' section? 

No the behaviour of your disconnection's is certainly not normal - btw does your computer go idle at any point, does this happen while your at your computer or mostly when away from it ?

Please see this: http://superuser.com/questions/867370/mac-os-x-yosemite-how-to-disable-automatic-logout-when-idle

If you remove the app form the app kill then your IP will leak to transmission, you need to find out why your loosing connection.

Regards

SlimDusty

So there is a chance that my IP has been leaking the whole time as the kill switch wasn't working correctly... /: 

I haven't got any of the idle options switched on. And this disconnect/reconnect behaviour can happen both when I am sitting at my machine & whilst I am away from it. My Mac will drop internet connection totally during this process yet other devices not connected through the VPN will be fine (i.e.: I am on the computer & the torrents suddenly stop & a webpage fails to load whilst the missus is fine sitting next to me with no VPN connection doing her thing on her phone. Then once the torguard client reconnects everything is back up & running. This all happens in less than a minute).  

Any idea if this is linked to the changing of my local IP? 

Support

So there is a chance that my IP has been leaking the whole time as the kill switch wasn't working correctly... /: 

I haven't got any of the idle options switched on. And this disconnect/reconnect behaviour can happen both when I am sitting at my machine & whilst I am away from it. My Mac will drop internet connection totally during this process yet other devices not connected through the VPN will be fine (i.e.: I am on the computer & the torrents suddenly stop & a webpage fails to load whilst the missus is fine sitting next to me with no VPN connection doing her thing on her phone. Then once the torguard client reconnects everything is back up & running. This all happens in less than a minute).  

Any idea if this is linked to the changing of my local IP? 

This was just a bug in the previous version - can i ask who your ISP is and what modem you are running ? in your torrent client do you have lots of active downloads or played with any of its settings such as max connections ?

Regards

SlimDusty

ISP is http://www.tpg.com.au& no settings played with in torrent client. All set to default. No downloads at present either & as I am still stuck on ADSL2; the max I will run at the same time is no more than 5. 

Router is a Netgear DGND3700v2. Wifi is connected via the 5GHZ signal. 

Support

Do you have any other router you can test with ?

Regards

Musashi

I am not sure but it looks like SlimDusty has the same issue as me...though the IP doesnt change all the time...also you dont lose connection complete since it doesnt kill torrent for example, Local/Remote/Public is what is kinda refreshing if you try to use torrent or downloading via browser.

As mentioned it cant be client sided, it just started at one day with working fine before and i didnt change any version so it must be a generic internet issue or something you changed on your end.

I tried disconnecting TG and it ended torrent instantly but when losing the Local/Remote/Public IP Adress all it does is kinda halt the inet traffic till it refreshes and then goes on working nicely until you get the next hiccup. But during this hiccup you cant do anything, cant browse, skype or use anything that involves the inet.

As antivirus i use AVG with on occasion running malwarebytes kinda monthly. But as said before...kinda till christmas or a few days before it all was running smoothly with no issues at all. For TAP i have the 9.9.2 Version installed, not sure if i should try using the 9.21.1. Version you linked.

Support

I am not sure but it looks like SlimDusty has the same issue as me...though the IP doesnt change all the time...also you dont lose connection complete since it doesnt kill torrent for example, Local/Remote/Public is what is kinda refreshing if you try to use torrent or downloading via browser.

As mentioned it cant be client sided, it just started at one day with working fine before and i didnt change any version so it must be a generic internet issue or something you changed on your end.

I tried disconnecting TG and it ended torrent instantly but when losing the Local/Remote/Public IP Adress all it does is kinda halt the inet traffic till it refreshes and then goes on working nicely until you get the next hiccup. But during this hiccup you cant do anything, cant browse, skype or use anything that involves the inet.

As antivirus i use AVG with on occasion running malwarebytes kinda monthly. But as said before...kinda till christmas or a few days before it all was running smoothly with no issues at all. For TAP i have the 9.9.2 Version installed, not sure if i should try using the 9.21.1. Version you linked.

Hello, can you submit a support request to https://torguard.net/submitticket.php so we can login and take a look if you don't mind.

Thanks