TorGuard

Recieved Data doesnt add up with torrent client

Rate this topic

Barillo

So i got torguard yesterday and everything seems to be great. there was one mishap where i got disconnected and the appkill feature didnt work, but only happened once.

but now i noticed i'm torrenting at fairly high speeds, 1.4 Mb/s.  the "Recieved data" part of torguard doesnt add up though. I started them both at the same time, and Torguard says i have downloaded 550mbs, and Deluge says ive downloaded 970.

am i only half encrypted or something? i'm also using the "CheckMyTorrentIp.Png" and it does say "Sucess Your torrent client IP is: 9x.xx.xxx.x4 (which is what it should be) and dnsleaktest.com says i'm good.

should i be worried about the difference in data recieved?

Hi Barillo

I wouldn't be worried about the data count but i would certainly suggest you move away from Deluge, its known to leak your IP when using a socks5 proxy plus lately its UDP support has been non existant.

I would suggest youVuze or utorrent, in Vuze you can bind your Vpn interface to prevent leaks full stop.

Regards

Hi Barillo

I wouldn't be worried about the data count but i would certainly suggest you move away from Deluge, its known to leak your IP when using a socks5 proxy plus lately its UDP support has been non existant.

I would suggest youVuze or utorrent, in Vuze you can bind your Vpn interface to prevent leaks full stop.

Regards

I uninstalled Malware Bytes and also switched to Vuze, and everything has been working great since. Thanks for your help, and also the guy who answered my support ticket and told me to uninstall MB-AM

PS: i like Vuzes interface and extended options alot, on top of the fact that i can prevent leaks with the "Bind IP" thing. Definately my new favorite torrent client.

• 3 weeks later...

I uninstalled Malware Bytes and also switched to Vuze, and everything has been working great since. Thanks for your help, and also the guy who answered my support ticket and told me to uninstall MB-AM

PS: i like Vuzes interface and extended options alot, on top of the fact that i can prevent leaks with the "Bind IP" thing. Definately my new favorite torrent client.

Glad to hear that, yes its certainly a decent client despite the extra stuff it tries to get you to install on installation, people just need to pay attention when installing :)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, yes qbitorrent and deluge are both known to leak your IP on certain versions of lib torrent but both these clients are also known to ignore proxy settings when they fail and continue downloading, normal behaviour would be to stop downloading if the proxy fails.

Regards