TorGuard

Why do you use VPN service?

Rate this topic

vpn_max

I'm curious to other peoples motives. Why do you use VPN service?

Even though I have nothing to hide, I don't like the idea of foreign governments keeping tabs on my browsing habits. That is the main reason I started using a VPN recently.

My only complaint: running the VPN drains my android's battery - a small price to pay :)

Not having a good vpn service is like having your door unlocked when you go to work. Security is essential nowadays. It's a great thing to have if you are downloading things or doing online banking or emails. I use Torguard because it makes me feel safe, like not only my door is locked when I'm at work but I also have a neighbor house sitting for me as well.

Exactly! :) Maybe 50 years ago people would leave their front door unlocked, but that is unheard of now. Same goes for staying safe on the web...

What really scares me: METADATA

Now that I use my VPN for web searches and browsing, I know my personal IP won't be added to a heaping pile of meta data on some server in utah. The worst part - meta data is permanent! If you value privacy even a little bit, I can't think of a better reason.

I'm trying to figure out the torguard encrypted email service but having a little trouble.. Is anyone else using it with success? I got stuck on the key exchange part but I might have been doing it wrong.

Not having a good vpn service is like having your door unlocked when you go to work. Security is essential nowadays. It's a great thing to have if you are downloading things or doing online banking or emails. I use Torguard because it makes me feel safe, like not only my door is locked when I'm at work but I also have a neighbor house sitting for me as well.