TorGuard
xen

DNS Leaks despite using torguard dns

Rate this question

Question

xen

Please can anyone help me figure out why i am getting DNS leaks? I have set my network connections to use the torguard dns servers... still getting leaks.

4 answers to this question

Support

Hello Xen, how are you connecting ? how did you set the dns ?

Regards

StarRider

First I will say that even though I have tried and dedicated many hours to educated myself on these things; I know just enough about VPN and such to still be considered stupid.....

I am not sure if my probelm is called a DNS leak, but what ever the heck it is called it makes me really really mad.....

I am Super Angry.....

I chose to go to a third party place to test my IP protection, "Trust But Verify" somewhere else than where I purchased VPN.....What I found was that My Ip address "Was" protectected - BUT THEY HAD MY "OS INFO", MY DAMN "BROWSER INFO", AND EVEN THE "SCREEN RESOULTION ON MY MACHINE". How is that???????

I have to say that when I saw that Info leaked I became raging mad..... I still am....

I was given by live support these sever numbers and instructions to add those but after I did as instructed, it STILL LEAKED THAT INFO. Isn't being on a "Stealth" server which is what I use on Torguard suppost to protect me from that????

torguardforum123

VPN doesn't hide your browser and windows info, only the IP address you get from your internet provider.

Support

Hi StarRider

As the previous user already mentioned - this info is not a leak, it’s not personally identifiable information.

Regards