TorGuard
Techstacy

Upgraded torguard Lite .3.28 now it throws error on launch in XP sp3

Rate this question

Question

Techstacy

I recently upgraded torguard lite from .3.26 to .3.28.  After upgrading to 3.28 torguard lite no longer launches.  Instead it throws up the following error:

reggetvaluew_error.jpg

I spoke with customer support via chat and they had me uninstall and reinstall the application with a standard reboot in between.  No luck the error message is still displayed.

I just reinstalled .3.26 and it launches correctly.. this is apparently an issue with 3.28 or possibly with XP.

5 answers to this question

Support

Hello - seems some changes we made to accommodate windows 10 have affected XP - we are looking at it - i would highly suggest you upgrade though is possible.

Regards

Chewbacker

Having the exact same problem after downloading latest version. Can someone link me the previous version please prefferably an admin

409industries
Anyone with XP, stick with V 0.3.26

I was having a problem with one of my usual VPN server locations connecting. Rather than try to figure out what the problem was, I reinstalled TorGuard using the "latest" version file. I too got the error message mentioned by the OP.

I went backwards through the versions until one would function. It seems that Version 0.3.26 works best.

Do Not upgrade to the latest version (0.3.29) as it will not work with XP. Same thing goes for 0.3.28

Hopefully the next revision will work, but it's doubtful since less and less companies are supporting XP since it went EOL.

Support

Hey guys, we know the problem with XP and our latest version may work but you wont be able to take advantage of our security features still that require newer versions of windows.

Regards