TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
NEWater

TorGuard Lite claims it's connected, but Public IP fails and I can't do anything

Rate this question

Question

NEWater
torguard_problem.png

torguard_problem_2.png

I have no idea what I've done wrong here. The hell is going on?

7 answers to this question

NEWater

Is nobody going to help me? Why am I paying for this service?

Support

Hey there - sorry for such a delay, can you tell me if you are using any security software such as Malwarebytes ? or peerblock even ?

Regards

m4rt0

I have the same problem from 1 week ago i cant connect to the vpn it says not detected and my connection is blocked is someone can help me and i dont have malware bit or something like this

David

yep same here. I have been caught out a few times showing my real IP even though torguard says connected. I've even been caught out half way through a session torguard reverting to my own IP numbers without restart.

it consistently will not verify the IP on detect public IP with any server.

The popup windows for windows 10 on taskbar says it's connected and lists the connected IP (say miami server IP will list in the popup) but a IP check says it's my own IP.

Basically getting false results and if you don't know what to look for then your browsing the web on your real IP which is completely against torguards  advertising.

What to look for is the login window/ public IP/ refresh wheel will list your own IP numbers or will not verify.. Once you see that 100% your on your own IP.

Restart system is the only solution.

Eyesandears

I was also having this problem but it seemed to start happening when an upgrade from 38 to 40.  The upgrade seem to fail to install the TAP correctly, which now seems to make sense as normally once connected to Torguard I end up with two connections showing on the little wireless connection in the corner, one the physical connection to my provider and the virtual one to Torguard servers.

Assumming your on Windows 10 (although I do not see any reason why this would not work on other versions of windows) and using Torguard Lite (or Viscosity as it was happening as well for me), uninstall Torguard Lite.  Once uninstalled go to Device Manager and look for any unknown devices.  Mine showed up as unknown bluetooth devices. Right click and select uninstall.  Then reinstall Torguard Lite and all being well the problem will go away.

I won't take credit for this as it does appear in another thread but it had a more technical approach.  The above, for me, did the trick.

Inutaisho

I have had a similar issue ever since windows 10 updated to the build 1511. And now every time torguard client is updated it does what the current op states. After playing around with different solutions found on here, what works for me is first after updating and getting the connected but no connection issue , I disconnect and close torgaurd. I then go to device manager like stated above and i will usually have a device that has the yellow triangle(unknown or non working device), For me it has always been a lenovo cam(using a lenovo laptop), So i right click on the device with the yellow triangle and  i uninstall it. I then go to network adapters in the same device manager and locate the vpn torgaurd adapter and I right click it and press the update option. I then click on update from internet or the first option. It then after it updates, I then close the device manager. I then reopen the client software and connect to vpn and it works. I have had to do this every time the client software (lite) since the windows 10 build 1511 came out. So obviously it has something to do with that then torguard, but till I figured it out, it had been a pain. Hope this helps others with similar issues.