TorGuard
Jordan

google.com redirects to google.ae when using vpn

Rate this question

Question

Jordan

I suspect this is a security issue and wondering if anyone can explain what would cause this?  I log into the vpn and check to see where my ip is located and it's in the U.S. yet when i type in google.com it redirects to google.ae

I then disconnect from the vpn and google.com directs as normal. Is this a sign that account is being tapped into when on the vpn?

6 answers to this question

Support

Hi Jordan

Are you connecting from UAE or have any ISP or DNS that’s linked to UAE ?

Regards

mrwhitefolks

What server are you connecting to as well?  I notice that whatever country's server I connect to, Google redirects to that country's site.  I don't think it's a security issue, more of proving that the VPN is working.

n3IVI0

Do we not have an answer for this? I am using a static IP, stealthed connection that shows I am in Monroe, MI. Yet, google automatically redirects to google.ae for all their services. It's getting me flagged as suspicious. How on Earth is my stealthed, static, American IP address getting me put in the UAE for Google?

Marco
1 hour ago, n3IVI0 said:

Do we not have an answer for this? I am using a static IP, stealthed connection that shows I am in Monroe, MI. Yet, google automatically redirects to google.ae for all their services. It's getting me flagged as suspicious. How on Earth is my stealthed, static, American IP address getting me put in the UAE for Google?

Same issue. Connecting from India server but Google page says UAE.🤔

RyDze

I have also "just" started experiencing this same similar issues, Some Canadian VPN servers/ip's are making google think i am in Brazil or other areas all of a sudden which did not happen before i tried deleting everything in chrome 5 times did a complete wipe even used ccleaner to wipe it and nothing fixed it so i just changed servers i don't mind it was happening using the android app on my phone too and also my desktop both.

Settings i was using were >
version 3.88.0
Protocol > STEALTH
UDP
AES-256-GCM
HMAC-SHA256
TLS 1.2
I was using VPN DNS option then changed to
Torguard USA DNS Recently.

Like i say i spent a couple hours tinkering and realized it was not a problem on my end so gave up and just changed servers/ip's and it was fine i did not fight with it too much.

YkDAv.png

Soon as i turn the VPN off google instantly thinks i am back at my Original/Normal location as it is supposed to.