TorGuard
Will

TorGuard Lite Much Slower Than Viscosity

Rate this question

Question

Will

Been using Viscosity since I signed up several days ago. I ran into some problems today. The Viscosity app is currently not working at all, every time I log into a server, it asks me to update (Connection Update msg), after updating and restarting the application. The server lists are gone, so I can't connect to any VPN servers and I have yet to find a method to restore it (btw, I've already created a ticket). Found some tuturial within the TorGuard website for workaround, it does not work. 

So I downloaded TorGuard Lite, installed it, logged in, connected to a local server. I am using the same VPN server in the city that I reside. On a 25Mbps/2.5Mbps connection, I am getting 5Mbps/1.5Mbps with TorGuard Lite. I get 23Mbps/1.5Mbps with Viscosity.

What's with the wide discrepancy?

Please chime in! :)

Thank you!

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

ZeroDot

Please Add Argentina Servers for latam users. Thanks a lot.

Will

Please Add Argentina Servers for latam users. Thanks a lot.

Way to hijack my thread with irrelevant request.

jjjj

Confirmed, something going on with Viscosity, as you're said list of the servers gone, but I'm created before custom bunch of servers with server I actively using, so I'm kind of save, not opened yet ticket, good you're done, write there please if any workaround-solution,

assurances from Support Desk, thanks for reporting.

jjjj

There's a simple fix to download/overinstall VPNCLIENT.exe (Viscosity) in Downloads of the Private Cabinet.

Support

Hello, simply re-download Viscosity using this link: torguard.net/downloads/VPNCLIENT.exe

Install over the top of your install, the configs are now bundled with the installer rather than depending on an external update.

In regards to your slowness, are you sure your using UDP ? make sure you connect via UDP and not TCP.

Regards