TorGuard

No connections via ANY torrent client

Rate this question

Question

I know this might be a little stupid, but here's the problem;

I've downloaded both Deluge and TorGuard utorrent client. Ran auto-installers for both of the programs, entered my login information EXACTLY as it was sent to me via email. Yet I cannot for the life of me get an incoming connection on either Deluge/uTorrent. I've tried changing some information around, running tests on whether the ports are open that I'm trying to use, everything shows green port wise. But still nothing. I let the client stay open overnight only to find that it didn't even so much as connect to a peer.

Now, as soon as I remove the proxy information from uTorrent, It connects to peers and starts downloading almost instantly. I've tried googling/searching the knowledge base, returned no answers to a problem such as this.

Yes I have both watched and read the tutorials on how to set up TorGuard on uTorrent. As well as using the auto-installer to set everything up for you.

Any information on solving this would be greatly appreciated. ( It has been 48 hrs since I've purchased TorGuard and so far it hasn't worked for me )

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

TorGuard Admin

Hello,

Thanks for posting your question here... I would be happy to help.

Depending on your OS, some version of utorrent do have issues with proxies.. (ie udp timouts)

For troubleshooting purposes, let's use a different torrent client.

First, can you try using Vuze? Vuze is our torrent client of choice as it offers some excellent IP security features and works very well with proxies.. Here is a step by step in setting up:

http://torguard.net/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=26

If you prefer utorrent, please try updating your version to the latest build.. You can download the latest version of bittorrent from here:

http://www.bittorrent.com/downloads/

Torrent software developers many times update the version almost on a monthly basis so if you encounter issues it is best to grab the latest version...

Can you confirm if this resolves your issues? If you'd like to submit a support ticket, our network techs can provide remote support.

Best Regards,

Jason

For some odd reason, it seemed to have corrected itself almost instantly after I had posted this. I haven't changed anything at all, but just yesterday I opened my utorrent client, and it connected almost right away.

Not sure what the case was, but if the issue re-appears ill try vuze and see if the problem is in that client also.

I just installed the torguard vpn pro client on my computer.

Now, none of my torrents on Utorrent are connectable to my private tracker so nobody can upload from me. What settings do I need to change, or do I have to buy the proxy service as well?

Hello there - sorry for the delay..

We would need to open a port for you, please submit a ticket to support desk and they can help you with that.

Regards