TorGuard
harvinator1900

Xbox One VPN

Rate this question

Question

harvinator1900

I have a netgear r7000 router running dd-wrt v24-sp2 (build 24865M) and use the command shell to launch a startup script to connect to torguard. I am able to connect successfully on all of my devices, with the exception of my xbox one. The xbox one will connect to the internet and allow me to watch netflix, browse, download games/updates, etc. It will not allow me to connect to multiplayer games.

When I run the "Test Multiplayer Connection" tool on the xbox, I get a message of "Can't get a Teredo IP Adderss." I have had the torguard team open ports 3544, 3074, and two others that I am mapping to ports 4500 and 500. The ports are all forwarded to my xbox one, which has a static ip. Unfortunately, I am still not able to play multiplayer.

I have spent close to 20 hours  in the last week trying to solve this issue. Has anyone successfully connected an xbox one with torguard?

3 answers to this question

omar

you can surf but can't connect to servers? teredo is ipv6 related, right? you have ipv6 disabled?

harvinator1900

that's right. I can surf and use every app that I've tried. I do have ipv6 disabled on the router. is there anywhere else it should be disabled (xbox)?

mrwhitefolks

If you have IPv6 disabled on the router, that's most likely your issue.  The Teredo address is related to IPv6.  It sounds like XBox needs IPv6 enabled to connect properly.