TorGuard
Saltrams

Asus RT-AC87R with Asus DSL-N12E modem; Internet problem

Rate this question

Question

Saltrams

I bought an Asus RT-AC97R router with Asus Merlin from TorGuard. In preparation for this "upgrading" of my home network, I also bought (elsewhere) an Asus DSL-N12E modem/router to replace my ancient ISP provided modem/router with the belief or hope that the two things would be compatible.
The N12 modem arrived first and I set it up in place of the old modem/router and it worked fine by itself. Then the 87R arrived and, try as I might AND with the assistance of TorGuard Tech support (for 3 full days now), the 87E will not see or use my Internet connection.

The N12 still works fine in isolation.
If I substitute the old ISP's modem and connect the 87R that works fine too; including the VPN setup.

Unfortunately, I can't keep the old modem. I need to get the N12E working.

Please does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong & how to fix it? Many, many screenshots are available of all the equipment's User Interfaces if it will help.

Thank you!

2 answers to this question

Saltrams

I've had suggestions that I need to alter the modem to a "bridging mode" - can anyone elaborate on that please?

Support

Hello, i believe your problem was already solved - i hope its now working fine.

Regards