TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
DokaponZero

Question regarding Bittorrent Configuration and Torguard app

Rate this question

Question

DokaponZero

Hello.

I've been using the Anonymous Torrent Proxy service for nine months now, and I have a suspicion that I've been making a mistake in my usage.

I have Bittorrent, and my settings on it are configured. I also have the Torguard application. I always open the Torguard application before opening Bittorrent, and I've been under the impression that it's needed to have Bittorrent connect through the proxy.

After mistakenly leaving the default on Bittorrent to open on start up, I accidentally had it running for some time today without having opened Torguard. Despite this, the "Check My IP" torrent was giving me the "Success" message in it's trackers.

This leads me to suspect. Do configured torrent clients work through the proxy even without the Torguard application open and connected? Is my privacy secure running Bittorrent on it's own with the settings correct? Have I exposed my private information at any point?

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 answer to this question

Unluckyalf

Im not any expert in this, but my understanding was that the Proxy is a software free solution, as most proxies are. You should only need software for the VPN setup.

My torrents work fine with just the proxy information entered in to uTorrent and the 'Check my ip' shows an ip address other than mine.