TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
Intertube Magic

RealVNC connection issue through ASUS RT-N66U to TorGuard VPN computer

Rate this question

Question

Intertube Magic

I have a home computer that is using TorGuard VPN for torrenting.  I am able to login and connect to a VPN server of my choosing.  So I have no connection issues.

I also have an ASUS RT-N66U wireless router, which the home computer I just mentioned is connected to.  I have enabled the OpenVPN feature on the ASUS router so I can tunnel into my home network from work.

At work I use an OpenVPN client to connect to my home network via the ASUS router, and use RealVNC to remote into my home computers, usually the one used for torrenting.

My issue is since I began using TorGuard VPN, I cannot access my home computer running TorGuard VPN via RealVNC from work.  I can't even ping the system from work.  If I stop TorGuard VPN, my system is accessible via RealVNC from work and I can ping it.

In addition, what is weird, is from my other home computer (which does not have TorGuard VPN), I can access the computer with TorGuard VPN via RealVNC from home and ping it too, even when TorGuard VPN is running.

Anyone can give me some insight on what I can do to fix the issue?

3 answers to this question

Support

Hey there, by default any of the systems running the vpn all incoming is closed but outgoing is fine, so you can make any outgoing connections you need (VNC etc) if trying to access a computer that’s running the vpn you wont be able to access it unless we open the correct ports for you to allow you though.

Does that make sense ?

Regards

Intertube Magic

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

Yes it makes sense.  Would I be able to open the ports myself or is this something you guys do?  What information would you need from me?

JustCuz81

just use team viewer... a lot easier lol