Rate this topic

Leeroy

Test result was based on  Win XP (SP3 32-bit) PC

Status of uTorrent icon on main page bottom right corner

GREEN – No VPN & No Proxy

GREEN – VPN & No Proxy

RED - VPN & Proxy

RED – No VPN & Proxy

RED = "Not connectable. A firewall/router is limiting your network traffic. You need to open up a port so others can connect to you".

GREEN = "all is well"

In spite of the above applications of VPN & Proxy, Download & Upload speed are not affected.

Should I ignore the icon colour?

PC must re-boot to tested for each session, and select new download.

Opened Port tested is closed via Viscosity (trying to resolve open port issue)

Based on the above results, Proxy is not an option for uTorrent?.

I welcome your feedback

Will test on Win 7 next

Support

Hi - when using a proxy you won’t receive incoming connections only outgoing so some torrent clients will complain of limited access / nat errors etc its perfectly normal using a proxy and won’t affect your privacy/downloads.

Regards

Hi - when using a proxy you won’t receive incoming connections only outgoing so some torrent clients will complain of limited access / nat errors etc its perfectly normal using a proxy and won’t affect your privacy/downloads.

Regards

Hi Admin,

Thanks for your response. I agree with you with my latest comments below:

"I believe the far end of my VPN connection is where the IP address is that is accepting connections from other torrent clients. Furthermore, as mentioned downloading works perfectly, but it wouldn't run at anything resembling good speed if I weren't also uploading - to other torrent clients.

Also, the icon that shows you are "not connectable" is meaningless when running a torrent client over a VPN or proxy. I am in fact connectable, but on the IP address at the far end of my VPN.

So, I should'n bother with an open a port for incoming bittorrent as there is nothing to open on my end."

An open port was provided, and it resolves the red icon issue in uTorrent.

Port Checker says port is opened. Running with OpenVPN + No Proxy, and Kaspersky Security but no Windows firewall.

Utorrent icon stays GREEN now.

Thank you TorGuard Support for resolving this issue.

Note: If you run with OpenVPN + Proxy, you'll get an orange triangle stating no incoming connection. However download is not affected.