TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
Leeroy

My True DNS IP Address Revealed

Rate this topic

Leeroy

Using TorGuard VPN with Google Chrome, ipleak.net reveals my DNS IP address.

ipleak.net 

"If you are now connected to a VPN and between the detected DNS you see your ISP DNS, then your system is leaking DNS requests"

Have tried pasting the image of the result, but it cannot be viewed.

No solution is available in Google Chrome to date.

Support

Hi Leeroy

This can happen for any reasons - what software from us are you running ?

Have you tried to setup static DNS using our private DNS ?

Regards

Leeroy

Tested  TorGuard VPN Lite (latest version) with static DNS and Viscosity does not accept static DNS

Software: Viscosity

Browser: Google Chrome

Result: If you are now connected to a VPN and between the detected DNS you see your ISP DNS, then your system is leaking DNS requests

Browser: IE

Result: No leak, RTCPeerConnection not available

Software: TorGuard VPN Lite (latest version)

Browser: Google Chrome & IE

Result: If you are now connected to a VPN and between the detected DNS you see your ISP DNS, then your system is leaking DNS requests

JustCuz81

If you have the viscosity, all you have to do is change your dns settings to use torguards dns servers... primary: 91.121.113.58 secondary: 91.121.113.7 I'm assuming you know how to do that?

Leeroy

If you have the viscosity, all you have to do is change your dns settings to use torguards dns servers... primary: 91.121.113.58 secondary: 91.121.113.7 I'm assuming you know how to do that?

Initially I've changed Viscosity DNS servers - Primary 8.8.8.8 and Secondary 8.8.4.4. Subsequently it revert back to DNS automatically. Have tried this twice, and the same thing. Support have provided an opened a port, and a separated username for me to use via Viscosity. Is this reason why I'm unable to change DNS servers or am I doing something incorrectly?

I'll try your recommendation primary: 91.121.113.58 secondary: 91.121.113.7

Thank you JustCuz81

Samm

Why in viscosity Torguard staff do not tick "send all traffic through VPN"? and use Torguard DNS?

Seems like you don't care about DNS leaks and its open by your own default!

You have DNS servers yet all disabled in Viscosity? Mental or what?

Here in UK now all ISP's are inspecting DNS on packet level and spoofing it back to you, Government Spying on you.

I actually have to copy your config and then edit it before it is near usable! Why?

Leeroy don't use chrome as it has a bug in it, as above WebRTC use firefox instead after editing its settings!

Leeroy

Yes. Chrome has a know bug but no fix to date.  I don't have Firefox but will use IE.

Thanks Samm

Support

Hey guys we are pushing for sparklabs to fix this in Viscosity, our TG Lite should be fine though.

Regards