TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  

TorGuard Review

Rate this topic

Let us know how we're doing!

Please leave an honest review of TorGuard's VPN or proxy service here.

TorGuard Support Team

I have been pretty happy with the service, but today when I connect using the Netherlands connections, they still show my true ip address.

I'm really satisfied, using deluge on my mac, pretty good speeds... Great support, thanks guys.

I recently bought the Anonymous VPN package and must say I am very impressed with it. They e-mail you instantly when you make your payment, send you your receipt and give you all the required links for downloading. The client makes it extremely easy to connect. I honestly thought I was going to have to do a lot of configuring to get this to work but the client did the job for me. Very easy to log in or out and switch VPN locations. Very fast service as well! I honestly do not notice any slow down from my internet.

The support is top notch as well. I sent them a question and hours later they replied. I found support to be very helpful and professional. I will definitely be recommending Torguard to many people! Great job guys and thank you for your hard work and for putting together an excellent VPN service!

Bought a 1 year VPN pro package. Seems pretty good to me. Occasional HDCP error but not a very big deal. Speeds seem good and connection seems reliable. Only been using it for a week and working out inital kinks but overall seems solid and I am happy.

Dexter

I started with the torrent proxy only and liked it so much that I upgraded to the full VPN package during a special. Speeds have been great! With a well seeded torrent, I can usually hit the full speed of my connection.

I might have screwed something up when I had the first package, but I found Deluge to be extremely slow. Changed to a different torrent client and they took off like a shot.

I am using the Java VPN client and it was easy to setup and works like a champ. Had an issue with occasional user/pw failures that would crash my connection, but a quick email to support and they helped me get configured to close my connections if that happens again so I'm not 'naked' on the net.

Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a good VPN provider.

Have you folks ( the ones with issues ) tried opening a support ticket? It seems strange that you have issues with the customer service. For me they have always been very helpful. I had one or two minor issues when I first started using them but customer service solved it right away. Ever since then for the last 9 months it has been great and problem free.

After signing up about a week ago, On a scale of 1-10 I'd give you guys a 4. It works and it was easy to setup with the OpenVPN cfg files provided.

However the servers are slow. I can barely stream from the UK or Canada servers, which is quite important to me. And the US servers aren't that much faster, HD streams can be touch and go.

I've also found that my connection will fail sometimes and when I go to reconnect to that server it will connect for a short period then fail again. Usually have to wait awhile before that server will let me back on. Seems like you guys have too many connections and the server just starts failing connections. Not very cool.

I think I've probably gone over the 10GB limit, but I'm going to try to get a refund and go back to the previous VPN I was on. I really only switched because their UK server was getting to the point where streaming was inconsistent. But you guys are just as bad on almost all of your servers, and they aren't even stable.

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues. Have you tired submitting a support ticket? customer service is generally very good at taking care of issues.

I personally have found no problems with streaming or downloading data with torgaurd's VPN. My speeds are almost the same as without a VPN and I have NEVER, I repeat NEVER had a dropped connection. Stability is why I am loyal to Torguard.

Are you sure it's a dropped connection and not a DCHP issue. I had that at first but there is a simple fix if it's your DCHP. If it's that than your internet connection gets dropped and not the VPN connection.

My advice would be not to panic and try to figure this out with customer support. If I had jumped to conclusions in the beginning I probably would have been in a similar situation, however a couple of emails and customer support fixed my issues very swiftly.

After 2 hours of downloading this service and nothing happening like the download video shows, I'm ready for a refund. The only option I had with the download was username and password. Nothing else. Wouldn't allow me to do more(web issue? I don't know).

I've now spent over 2 hours trying to download the IP checker to see if it's even installed but after 2 hours it says failure.

Not to mention the hilarious "live support" button! Takes you to a screen to make a purchase. This company totally sucks!

The only item file from TorGuard on my computer is an install function. Nothing saying it works. Nothing saying it's there....basically....nothing.

It be really nice if there was chat on this site like there is on half the other VPN sites but I guess I'm holding my breath.

As slow as BTGuard was, at least you knew it was working. And as horrible as BTGuard's customer service is with answering emails, at least you hardly ever had to.

Support

William the checkmytorrentip torrent does not download - it just tells you the IP your using to make sure your going through the proxy..

You setup your torrent client - grab an IP from our My Servers page and use the IP check torrent to check and make sure its operating then your good to download.

If you never received any activation email then check your spam/junk folder just incase or check the My Emails section in the TorGuard client area.

Incredible service. I am more of a Devout Customer now after reading on ArsTechnica how you guys prevailed against a rival, while beefing up your service. Great job! In that situation you can tell the Rockstars from the Groupies.

Support
Incredible service. I am more of a Devout Customer now after reading on ArsTechnica how you guys prevailed against a rival, while beefing up your service. Great job! In that situation you can tell the Rockstars from the Groupies.

let's see, if you close the torguard application window, it's impossible to stop torguard or adjust it because the application relaunched can't find the "real IP". Doesn't work with synology well, found downloads would take 5 times longer. Doesn't work with windows well because after a while it would cause the network to hang, creating the need to deinstall and reinstall. And simply emailing someone in support back and forth and sending screen captures is a great way to spend a month trying to get it to work. Going to AirVPN, seems to be better service.

Support
let's see, if you close the torguard application window, it's impossible to stop torguard or adjust it because the application relaunched can't find the "real IP". Doesn't work with synology well, found downloads would take 5 times longer. Doesn't work with windows well because after a while it would cause the network to hang, creating the need to deinstall and reinstall. And simply emailing someone in support back and forth and sending screen captures is a great way to spend a month trying to get it to work. Going to AirVPN, seems to be better service.

When you minmize the app it appears in your task bar next to the clock so as you are thinking the app is not running and trying to run it again then you will get the symptoms you described - I'm sure we already explained this in a ticket - it does work with sinology, we have many users using synology and i for one am one of them, again we tried to explain this but received no reply.

Your problems are simple issues that can be fixed so please communicate with staff.

Regards

Denny

I have been with TG for two year and have used 4 other anonymizing services and TG has the best services offered. I currently have VPN, E-Mail, & proxy services and rarely have problems with speed or other services. I suggest that you try their free trial.

Also, TG for the past two years have had a Black Friday special 75% off their VPN, Prozy, & email service.

Negative:

I have two negative things to say about my TG experience:

1. Their software seems to default to Google's DNS service, when they have their own DNS non logging service. I have to change the DNS settings on the adapter every time I connect to their service. I hope they fix this in their beta client, but after testing it, the default DNS is still Google.

2. TG offers Viscosity as a connection client, it has some bug that took TG a few months to sort out after an upgrade.

PS. In Nov. when using the Black Friday discount, I signed up for the wrong package (didn't include the premium email account). I sent a billing question after a few days and they still gave me the Black Friday discount!

Support
I have been with TG for two year and have used 4 other anonymizing services and TG has the best services offered. I currently have VPN, E-Mail, & proxy services and rarely have problems with speed or other services. I suggest that you try their free trial.

Also, TG for the past two years have had a Black Friday special 75% off their VPN, Prozy, & email service.

Negative:

I have two negative things to say about my TG experience:

1. Their software seems to default to Google's DNS service, when they have their own DNS non logging service. I have to change the DNS settings on the adapter every time I connect to their service. I hope they fix this in their beta client, but after testing it, the default DNS is still Google.

2. TG offers Viscosity as a connection client, it has some bug that took TG a few months to sort out after an upgrade.

PS. In Nov. when using the Black Friday discount, I signed up for the wrong package (didn't include the premium email account). I sent a billing question after a few days and they still gave me the Black Friday discount!

Denny - thanks for your review - we know our software has been a bit of a pain in the a** to say the least for a while - we fixed some issues but we do have our very own app in the works as you can see with our new Tg Lite download for Windows on our downloads page (Linux and Mac coming too), we will do away with the older TG Lite which is based off oast and just too buggy for us, we can't wait to do away with it.

With Viscosity we don't have access to the full source so are very limited in what we can fix sop we rely on the Viscosity devs to fix the bugs we point out, we know this is not optimal and are looking to get all Viscosity bugs ironed out ASAP.

As for DNS, this will also be sorted out - its on our list :)

Regards

Denny

That is why I like you guys, you actually listen to your customers!

TG is a great service, i am a very happy user, although i know some securer vpn-providers. what makes them a good service, is their 24/7 costumer-support i really appreciate!

... by the way, TG is listed on DDW under the Best VPN Providers - Article f. 2014-07-08

Deep Dot Web

mzenzer

Did some research, some via sources who have a serious vested interest in being anonymous and vetted Torguard thoroughly, with glowing reviews. I am super happy with it, it runs great and easy to use whether on win or nix, and android. Lots of info here to make sure it's working properly, customer service seems great! Thanks for the great product guys! 

mumooshka

Just bought this today and can say I am absolutely confused.. I am trying to download something via torrent and it's just not downloading.. I have searched everywhere to see if there are any settings to follow but all I get is a long explanation and a sale button but no help to set it up so I can use torrents.

Also I clicked on the blue $9.99 a month option and have just paid for 6 months at $29.99?

Can't get the free email 10mb either.. I click on it and am asked for %6.95 a month

What is going on here? I am not happy

Support

Just bought this today and can say I am absolutely confused.. I am trying to download something via torrent and it's just not downloading.. I have searched everywhere to see if there are any settings to follow but all I get is a long explanation and a sale button but no help to set it up so I can use torrents.

Also I clicked on the blue $9.99 a month option and have just paid for 6 months at $29.99?

Can't get the free email 10mb either.. I click on it and am asked for %6.95 a month

What is going on here? I am not happy

Hello there

Please submit a support request here https://torguard.net/submitticket.php and explain your issues they will help you out promptly, I'm sure its something simple.

In regards to the free email service, you have to open a ticket to receive it, just let them know what you want @torguard.tg and they will create that for you.

Regards

Leeroy

Can anyone please tell me which date is Black Friday in 2015?

I have paid my annual subscription for VPN & Proxy already. If Black Friday comes along this year, can I renew my annual subscription prior to expiry to take advantage of the discount?

Thank you.

JustCuz81

First and foremost, awesome customer service 95% of the time. I have only had one chat session that the guy talking to me was clueless. Other than that the support has been exceptional. This is out of about 6 chat sessions by the way. Secondly, the service is pretty awesome! I mean you can't beat 60 bucks a year for unlimited use to so many VPN servers. Only thing I don't like is that you have to manually change your DNS servers to the Torguard ones :( I am a pretty tech savvy guy, I know linux, database, SQL, yada yada yada. But I never thought to manually change the DNS's. I used DNS leak check and was like man, I haven't been anonymous afterall! But I fixed that. I just think that once someone downloads the viscosity that the adapter should automatically change the DNS settings. But all in all 5 out of 5 stars guys! good work and keep it up!