TorGuard

No disconnect

Rate this question

Mack

Question

Hi folks. Apologies if this is in wrong Forum area. I am test driving TorGuard and the only issue that affects me is that TG (specifically the Windows Tap connection) doesn't seem to disconnect completely. After disconn. TG my Net is dead and all attempts give me this msg. "Error code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN: Unable to resolve the server's DNS address."  I have to disable and then re-enable the Tap connection in Network Settings to get the browser to access the Net again. Many thx for any advice.

3 answers to this question

Hello,

Same issue here. The issue started occurring very often (almost on daily basis) a couple of months ago. After disconnect in guard or reconnect, Internet works perfectly. 

Any advice?

Thanks.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Hello,

Same issue here. The issue started occurring very often (almost on daily basis) a couple of months ago. After disconnect in guard or reconnect, Internet works perfectly. 

Any advice?

Thanks.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

The most common problem we find is users disconnect by shutting down without disconnecting from TG first or just close the app without first disocnnecting.. If you are running the DNS pushed from the server side then this would leave our internal based DNS on your network adapter and leave you without DNS.

Or your ISP can block DNS outside there own network - in the latest TG Client by going to more settings >> network tab >> try setting new DNS in all 3 areas, "at application start" "While establsihing"and after connect to se if this helps, but always make sure you flush dns and reboot if you have this issue.

Regards