TorGuard
madam

[linux] "App kill" feature, cannot find "Deluge"

Rate this question

Question

madam

iI can't find the process I'd like to kill, any clues.  RUnning Ubuntu 14 LTS.  The process for deluge doesn't populate in the list, or I dont recognize it.

The process name is "deluge-gtk", but it's not populating in the list when I try to add a process under App Kill.

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

Support

Hi Madam

It should be called "deluged" you don't see this when Deluge is running ?

Regards

madam

i've tried rebooting and everything and the process does not show up.

d.ceased

Same thing here. Cannot auto close because torguard does not see deluge for some reason. this has been a headache.

Support

Hi guys looking into it and will report back soon.

Regards

madam

Support,

For what it's worth, on Windows, I cannot get it to recognize earlier versions of uTorrent either.  Not sure about newer versions.  I cannot upgrade due to some tracker compatibility. 

Support

Hey Madam, strange, can you open a ticket for this and reference this thread ?

thanks

madam

Ive submitted a ticket, fwiw, the issue has been resolved for utorrent on Windows.

Cnote8

Running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.  Was able to auto-kill Deluge by adding "deluge-gtk", "deluge-web", and "deluged" and it works.  Just need to maually type in the options, unavaible from the pull down menu

z3ro3x

I'm having the same issue.  This was working fine recently.  I don't know what changed in the last week or so but now it wont kill Deluge.  I'm running Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 with Deluge 1.3.12 from the Ubuntu Repo.  In System Monitor (with All Processes shown) the process doesn't show up as deluge, deluge-gtk (though it did at one point in time but now it doesn't), deluge-web or deluged.  Instead it shows up at the bottom of the list as /usr/bin/deluge.  I've tried adding /usr/bin/deluge manually to the list and clicking the test button but that doesn't work either.

Edit:  I also found this if it helps to solve the problem.

"It is to do with it being a python application, I investigated it a while ago but I don't think it was a simple fix."
http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?t=38591

z3ro3x

I may have found a solution, maybe.  After installing the package python-setproctitle and python3-setproctitle from the Ubuntu repo, Deluge now shows up in the TorGuard Process list as deluge-gtk.  Just run sudo apt-get install python-setproctitle python3-setproctitle and restart deluge.  Let me know if this solves it for you.

me+me

Having the same problem. I thought maybe I just didn't recognize the app when browsing the app kill menu of active processes.

Running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.  Was able to auto-kill Deluge by adding "deluge-gtk", "deluge-web", and "deluged" and it works.  Just need to maually type in the options, unavaible from the pull down menu

Does not work for me (Mint 17.3 xfce).

quote from z3ro3x:

"I may have found a solution, maybe.  After installing the package python-setproctitle and python3-setproctitle from the Ubuntu repo, Deluge now shows up in the TorGuard Process list as deluge-gtk.  Just run sudo apt-get install python-setproctitle python3-setproctitle and restart deluge.  Let me know if this solves it for you."

Does not work either. I get this when I ran the command in terminal: E: Unable to locate package python3-setproctitle

Sucks, because I'd rather have Deluge than Transmission (Transmission process is easily recognizable and put on TG kill-switch list and works), but not if I can't have a kill-switch on Deluge.

EDIT: FYI, I am now using qBittorrent for all my torrent needs. It shows up in the Torguard kill-switch process list (after you start qBittorrent up) so you can designate it for kill-switch. Definitely better than Transmission, and I'm almost certain (after doing some googling) it's faster than Deluge. It's open source and it has a better GUI. It's in the repository, just look for it in your software manager to download and install. Website:   http://www.qbittorrent.org/

Edited by me+me