TorGuard
weepy_ann

Are there still servers that are not to be used for BitTorrent?

Rate this question

Question

weepy_ann

I find that US servers in TorGuardPRO.zip do not connect to torrent trackers.  Is this by design?

5 answers to this question

Support

Hello - the Chicago servers i believe are not setup for torrents and i believe they may be restricted in some way on this location for streaming purposes - try LA/Miami or Dallas.

Regards

Support

No, they can be used for torrents but are not torrent optimised - do you also have a socks5 proxy setup too maybe ?

Regards

weepy_ann

I usually have tor running as a bridge relay but I don't use its Socks5 to get to the net. Is that relevant?

I think I misspoke earlier. I can connect to trackers but there is no data transfer. Just tried with Chicago, NY and a non-US server, with tor shutdown. A torrent that behaved as expected with NY and the non-US would not budge when connected to Chicago.

weepy_ann

So there still are locations/servers that don't handle torrents. It would help if the config file names identified the restrictions on the respective servers. I was curious because I've run into this issue with multiple US servers.

Support

So there still are locations/servers that don't handle torrents. It would help if the config file names identified the restrictions on the respective servers. I was curious because I've run into this issue with multiple US servers.

If you have a look on our status page (My Servers) it will pretty much tell you whats allowed and whats not.

Regards