TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  

OpenVPN 50 config limit

Rate this question

Question

Ok, so I'm setting this up for the first time. Have spent over a week since signing up trying to get the TorGuard installer to work and the connections are rejected every single time, no matter what server I try. So I finally give up on that and try to go for a straight-on OpenVPN installation.

Right away I get an error, this after installing the TorGuard config package as directed to do: "OpenVPN GUI does not support more than 50 configs. Please contact the author if you have need for more."

This pops up every time you interact with the icon, right or left clicking. Afterwards, you do get a menu, which shows a random 50 configs from the 140 that currently come in the package.

Can someone please tell me what the hell to do now? Am I expected to delete 90 servers from the folder? I probably won't use the UDP servers, so if needed --and if I can tell which are which-- I suppose those can go.

Problem after problem after problem and I still haven't even gotten to use the service yet. Absolute nightmare so far.

1 answer to this question

Just unzip to another folder (not a subfolder of the config folder as OpenVPN will find this), copy over all the .crt files but only the .ovpn files you might need to the config folder, fewer than 50, obviously. You can then copy across more if and when you need them, and delete any you find you don't use.