TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
DosManos

Netgear AC 1900 R7000

Rate this question

Question

DosManos

Is anyone using the R7000 DD-WRT Router for OpenVPN with Torguard? Or any other OpenVPN wireless in either the AC1750 or AC1900 class... I am considering a wireless that will handle all the wireless devices and run DD-WRT or Tomato for VPN support. My main need is stability and then performance. Any suggestions appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Support

Hey there - i personally have not used any of the Netgears on my home network, i mainly use the ASUS AC68U, performance and stability wise i can certainly vouch for it - but going by clients who use the router and the guys who deal with the Netgears at the TG Router store we have no major complaints with this router.

Regards

vpn_max

I'm currently using the Netgear R7000 with DDWRT and Torguard VPN... This router is a beast and handles OpenVPN very well.. Would be nice to see Torguard start selling the r7000 in the store!

If you flash DDWRT on the R7000 make sure to use Kong's developmental builds instead of what's on the DDWRT website. They work better and a good bit of testing has already gone into them. Start with the newest release and work your way back if you have issues:

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt-ren/K3-AC-Arm/

Support

Hey there, we are adding the R7000 and the RT-AC87U to the router store today :)

Regards