TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  

Vuze on VPN

Rate this question

Question

I'm ready to install and configure Vuze to run through the VPN... I install Vuze and search for a file... then Vuze acknowledges I'm a VPN and asks DO You want a binding connection?? what do I answer. No.. gets "no" connections to other peers. but is a "yes" answer the right way to go about this.. there is no Vuze setup tutorial for VPN, I want to remain anonymous... that's the point...

2 answers to this question

You should say YES to the binding, because if for whatever reason the VPN goes down, Vuze will also stops all traffics for all your torrents. This is to prevent your real ip to show in the swarm. You can also use torrent proxy in conjunction with the VPN, it's double protection but be warned that both VPN and torrent proxy must point to servers from the same country. Otherwise, you will have a very slow download, and the torrents will remain red (NAT error).

VPN goes down ? That's funny. No seriously, very hilarious. I have been running Torguard for 2 years and it has never gone down.

A couple of times when I have noticed for whatever reason the VPN stops a connection my internet connection is also disabled, so there must be some built in protection already in Torguard's framework.