TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
Alca

windows 8 and upgrading viscosity issue

Rate this question

Question

Alca

Anyone else using windows 8 had an issue with upgrading their version of viscosity? Around 2 weeks ago Torguard viscosity, started having upgrade prompts, an option to update to a new version 1.0.0 (1064). The installer gives an error of  all the files in the TorGuard.Viscosity\Resources\OpenVPN2.3 folder are not able to be deleted or written over. Access denied message by the installer every time. Tried to manually delete the folder, unable to, even in safe mode. Using Windows 8. All attempts to update failed.

Ended up going back to the original version.

7 answers to this question

Support

Hi Alca, this should now be fixed - can you try uninstall, reinstall and then upgrade ?

Regards

Alca

No install errors this time. Will know shortly if it is working in a little while. I probably should have waited to upgrade, since the vpn has been giving connection issues today for me. So won't know for sure how the upgraded version is working till that all gets resolved.

Alca

Ok everything seems to be working fine. The downloads page link for viscosity is still the old version. So when you download and install it, it then asks you to upgrade to the new version.

Ace Mcool

been having these issues for a while, but I KNOW it is a WINDOWS problem, (its not like Microcrap would ever put out product that was defective right? )

its' getting to the point of wiping teh whole computer and doing a freesh install, this isnt the only problem occcuring in my WIN 8.1 pro system,  on the other hand my Win 7 64 bit ultimate works pretty well.  can we say "Down grade" anyone?

Eventually I think I have a linix box using the Viscosity and have it going like a seed box.

Cheers

Paul

Support

Ok everything seems to be working fine. The downloads page link for viscosity is still the old version. So when you download and install it, it then asks you to upgrade to the new version.

We will update this thanks..

@Paul - are you having the same permissions issues ?

Ace Mcool

We will update this thanks..

@Paul - are you having the same permissions issues ?

Yes... But as I hav said I think my issue is two fold -  Viscosity and Windows 8 on this machine.  Am still shuffling files around to save on the servers here so i can do a reinstall clean and see what issues will be gone, then we can use a bigger hammer to fix it.

:)

Paul