TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  

VERY slow speeds on Torrent Proxy

Rate this question

Question

Recently started using Torrent Proxy with my utorrent client and have noticed that speeds are incredibly slow, often not working at all.

I have read several posts about restarting utorrent as well as changing the port numbers. These have little to no affect on speed performance.

I am using the default SOCKS5 proxy.torguard.org, and wanted to know if there is a specific IP that I should be using instead if I am located in Australia.

I am seeing about 100KB (ie 0.1 MB) speeds on the proxy, and around 1,200KB when off.

- uTorrent Mac (ver 1.8.4- current)

- Mac OS- Yosemite

2 answers to this question

DoTheDew

Recently started using Torrent Proxy with my utorrent client and have noticed that speeds are incredibly slow, often not working at all. I have read several posts about restarting utorrent as well as changing the port numbers. These have little to no affect on speed performance. I am using the default SOCKS5 proxy.torguard.org, and wanted to know if there is a specific IP that I should be using instead if I am located in Australia. I am seeing about 100KB (ie 0.1 MB) speeds on the proxy, and around 1,200KB when off. - uTorrent Mac (ver 1.8.4- current) - Mac OS- Yosemite

any luck with this?

UnarmedBlack

Use a Australian proxy and use another torrent client like Bittorrent. Use the proxy port etc. If this doesent work, then make sure that the torrent has more seeder than leecher.