TorGuard

No trackers connect with Torrent Proxy

Rate this question

Question

Hello. When I have the proxy settings applied to utorrent, no trackers will connect. Public things like DHT will, but trackers will not. Any idea what could be causing this? I've tried multiple versions of utorrent and I'm having the same problem in all.

11 answers to this question

Storycrafter

This is pretty standard fare with this provider. Switching to VPN when this subscription is up.

Support

Hello guys - have you tried to use our new alternative ports ?

The standard port 1080 is blocked by many providers these days.

Also let us know what OS you guys are running.

Regards

It's working for me with the alt port. I also did some port forwarding with my router, so either could have been the problem. Thanks for the help!

I'm on Win 7 64bit btw.

Support

Excellent, thanks for letting us know - it could have been either but quite possibly port blocking.

Regards

I am getting error stating SOCKS5 error authentication failed. I have tried the alternate ports?

Hi,

I'm very new to this and wanted to buy VPN and did not realize there is different program like Proxy and VPN exist and did not know anything about either one so I accidentally bought Torguard Proxy but I wanted VPN.

So I installed Torguard Proxy and after lunching it a little black window appears and asks for username and password and chose server and all that. Then After clicking on Apply_Setting it disappears and nothing happens, and I do no if I'm connected, do no if it is working do no dam crap and there is no way of testing this.

I have downloaded Torguard testing tool but it gets corrupted when sits on my download folder. Anyone can help, Torguard claims they have 24/7/365 support but that is nothing but bunch of bullshit.. sent them message on their live chat and sat on my pc 3-hours nothing happens. I'm really exhausted and spent 3-hours on this shit and still my IP comes the same on Internet.

Anyone there to help this useless customer support is not available.

Support

@ J B. + asnobakht

Both your tickets have already been dealt with.

Regards

djjustice

Im having problems connecting as well. Ive tried using all 3 ports with no success. Im using utorrent with windows 7 64bit. I get proxy connection error hostname not found.

djjustice

I got it working. Changed from proxy.torguard.net to one of the sock5 servers actual ip adress

Support

Hi - you may need to set static DNS to resolve the hostname.

Regards