TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  

QNAP - Download Station

Rate this question

Question

Hi guys,

does anyone have experience of Anonymous Torrent Proxy setup on QNAP Download Station?

A configuration with

QNAP TS469L, QTS4.1

SOCKS5 + proxy.torguard.tg + 1080 + ID + PWD

Router on TorGuard DNS

doesn't work.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Victor

7 answers to this question

Support

Hello - can you test using google DNS rather than our DNS ? for testing purposes.

Regards

zengod88

Hi, 

found this topic but haven't seen a resolution here. Considering to buy the QNAP TS-251. I have the "Unlimited Bittorent Proxy", will I be able to use the download station in combination with that proxy?

thx

Support

Hi, 

found this topic but haven't seen a resolution here. Considering to buy the QNAP TS-251. I have the "Unlimited Bittorent Proxy", will I be able to use the download station in combination with that proxy?

thx

Yes of course, the download station supports sock5 proxy :)

Regards

kecker

Go to Download Station.  Then click on gear in the upper right to access Settings.

Under the BT tab, there is a Proxy option on the left sidebar.  This allows you to setup your proxy server

DoTheDew

I have been using download station on my QNAP for almost a year. The last couple weeks I have been getting crap dl speeds. Has anyone else noticed it? I change the port and it might dl fast for a day, but then back to poor speeds. I downgraded my nas firmware to see if it would fix the issues, but 2 days later back to slow speeds. I am using the proxy.torguard.org have ports forwarded. For awhile it wasn't even loading magnet links.

Dbow32

Ok, I have a Qnap 251+ and I've been using golden frog VPN service. But I could never get it to work on my Qnap. I'm new to all of this so please be kind. I just opened an account here to see if this would work. Where do I get the proxy info like host.

Dbow32

Go to Download Station.  Then click on gear in the upper right to access Settings.

Under the BT tab, there is a Proxy option on the left sidebar.  This allows you to setup your proxy server

Where do I get the host info? Sorry, but I'm new to this