TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  

Being told my Login/Password is invalid

Rate this topic

This just started happening tonight. I'm -5 GMT

Everything was going fine, then all of a sudden Tor guard disconnected and now REFUSES to let me log in with my Name and password, and says that BOTH, or Either of them are INVALID.....

WTF?

Can't I just use this service without having to deal with nonsense like this?

Same here. I've been using the Las Vegas Server for hours then it suddenly stopped, and every time I try logging on it tells me my credentials are wrong. Same for LA, Dallas... However my credentials work on the New York and Chicago servers, but torrents do not seem to work on those.

Same thing happened there, don't know if it was an outage or some kind of malfunction. Seems to be pretty widespread.

You can fix it by changing your password for the VPN service. It's really fast now too, cause no ones using it...

Having the same problem. I'll try again tomorrow. Hoping it's a glitch and not a crackdown or some BS. Hey do you guys use the torguard android app? If so, why are the icons for the US servers grey and (most of) the foreign ones green?

I can confirm that changing my VPN service password fixed the problem.

Therealone

Same thing here.. logged a ticket, but now I see this would appear to be a larger problem.

Therealone

Changing vpn service password worked for me as well.

PeterR

Changing vpn service password worked for me, but I didn't actually change it. I set it to what it was supposed to be.

Clearly the infrastructure is having an issue with the user/password database.

same here... not very reassuring to be honest

any explanations what happened and why would be welcomed

joe

Zep

Same here, changing password helped until next logon.

The problem persist!

is anyone having trouble connecting using openvpn? eg. dd-wrt?

moutian

I tried the trick to "change" my password to the old one, but I still cannot connect. What's the problem?????

Having the same problem. Changing the password worked for a couple of hours, but I was just disconnected again with the same message about invalid login info.

I can't login using viscosity, the android app, the Ubuntu app, or using PPTP if that helps at all.

nomad111

same with me. changing the password helped only until the next login, then the same error message that the password is invalid

I've also had this problem with european servers since 1-2 days.

I have noticed that there were more viscosity updates than usual recently.

Then my VPN connections started dropping more often (despite not having any big traffic).

Now this... and the site/forum is slow as shit.

What's going on?

Not even the forum timestamps are working properly lol. Posts I have read yesterday are displayed as posted "1 hour, 1 minute" ago. Newer ones are allegedly "1 minute , 1 second" old.

TorGuard Admin

Members,

Unfortunately, one of our authentication servers suffered a hardware failure during the night.

Our network technicians have been working on the issue and should have this resolved within 1 hour.

Please try to log in again after this period. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Let us know if you have further questions!

41911_1511348123

haveing this problem to, it says ERROR: Could not read Auth username/password/ok/String from management interface. What to do?

TorGuard Admin
haveing this problem to, it says ERROR: Could not read Auth username/password/ok/String from management interface. What to do?

Please try to connect again now :)

stroller

Same problems here, but authentication appears to be working now- 2014-08-10 11.15 UTC.

having the same issue. Change the password worked for a few hours. now issue is back. consistent issue across multiple servers

TorGuard Admin

@627319048, @M C., This network issue has now been resolved.

If you are still having login error issues please leave a message for our livechat (bottom right corner) or submit a ticket here: https://torguard.net/submitticket.php

Our support staff is working around the clock today and will respond quickly with a resolution.

getting so annoyed. same problem as rest, changed p/w and worked for an hour now back to crap. can someone tell us what is happening and fricken fix the issue. 36 hours and counting. now having to d/l through un trustworthy site because I cannot through my private one only because of this issue. ARGH