TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
G-Man

Vuze Integrity

Rate this question

Question

G-Man

I'm using Vuze and chose the Canada 1 proxy. Still not sure how to confirm that my IP is concealed.

8 answers to this question

Garm84

I know how you feel. i have the same problem I have set up my proxy with utorrent and not sure if it's really working. I also set it up with Proxifier for IE and fire fox. it shows tha it's not connecting. so I have email torguard few times and not a correct reply back.

TorGuard Admin

Hi, Don't worry - Just download our Torrent IP Checker tool:

http://torguard.net/checkmytorrentipaddress.php

Leave this torrent active in your que at all times. Just look at the tracker status for a report of your current torrent client IP address. The IP address should match the anonymous torrent proxy IP address that you entered in the settings.

The torrent won't actually download, it's intended to stay in your DL que at all times so you can monitor your proxy connection.

What happens when it says Proxy Connection Error: Offline (timed out)?

Is it really still working?

I'm I still going through the proxy?

If the proxy is down will my client stop working or will it start to use my real ip?

TorGuard Admin

This message on the torrent IP tracker doesn't compromise your security. It just means you have to right click the torrent and select "update tracker" to refresh the server IP.

Your other downloads are still going through the proxy.. If the proxy were to go down for some reason, all your downloads would simply halt and you would get a proxy error.

With that being said, our proxies are very stable and are rarely taken offline for updates.

Error: Offline - SocketException:Can't connect to SOCKS proxy:Permission denied: connect

Thats what I get

I'm getting the exact same error as Niner74. And I'm not getting any response from the boys in support. It would seem that this is some kind of fatal symptom. Is there a chance this means our ISP has figured out a way to id us at the source? I'm in the US under the ATT umbrella, on a mac. Apple products seem to announce their serial numbers and mac addresses. What do you think?

Support

Hello Guys

Did you open a support ticket ?

What torrent client are you running and on what OS ? are you positive your using the correct details to login ? what proxy do you have set currently ?

Regards

I have Vuze 5.2.0.0 and have an Mac running on OSX 10.6.8

All mine are showing as inactive, and is saying my SOCKS status has a connection problem. When i test the SOCKS connections is says:

Proxy connect failed, SOCKS 5: authentication fails [status=1]

I know the login information is correct, what proxy should it be showing?